Well... That Sounded Bad

English class sucked the big one for me, I hated it. The worst class in HS. I was lucky to get a B- one time in that subject, mostly C's. You can probably tell from my posts, know what I'm sayin?

English class sucked the big one for me, I hated it. The worst class in HS. I was lucky to get a B- one time in that subject, mostly C's. You can probably tell from my posts, know what I'm sayin?
I passed that class with a 97%, but it still sucks. The worst part is I'm required to read. I have a really hard time getting into books. Books just don't keep my attention, or I fall asleep because I'm not doing anything

I fall asleep because I'm not doing anything
Consider it mental exercise, that way you ARE doing something...lol...Stimulating those little brain synapses...lol.

I appreciate the sympathy... 😆
Sympathy can only be found in the dictionary...lol...It will appear somewhere between the words, :poop::poop::poop: and syphilis...lol.

I passed that class with a 97%, but it still sucks. The worst part is I'm required to read. I have a really hard time getting into books. Books just don't keep my attention, or I fall asleep because I'm not doing anything
I abhorred English class throughout most of my years in primary through to high-school up until 10th grade when Mr. Shipley, the greatest teacher I have ever had, was able to teach me in a way that worked out incredibly well for my learning style. He took the time to tap into my love of Fantasy and Adventure books and games and turned it into a love for writing. I would not classify myself as a "book person" either as I am not inclined to pick up random tomes and read indiscriminately. I do, however, love to read when the genre is aligned with my interests and passions.

I abhorred English class throughout most of my years in primary through to high-school up until 10th grade when Mr. Shipley, the greatest teacher I have ever had, was able to teach me in a way that worked out incredibly well for my learning style. He took the time to tap into my love of Fantasy and Adventure books and games and turned it into a love for writing. I would not classify myself as a "book person" either as I am not inclined to pick up random tomes and read indiscriminately. I do, however, love to read when the genre is aligned with my interests and passions.
Same here. I can only read books of fantasy and SIFI genre. Even then it's hard for me to read.

Same here. I can only read books of fantasy and SIFI genre. Even then it's hard for me to read.
Have you been tested for dyslexia? It may not be severe, but you could still suffer from a mild form of it. One of my friends was that way. He could make sense of the words, but his brain still struggled to put things in the right order.

I have ADD, which can make it hard for me to latch on to reading certain types of material. Basically, if it doesn't interest me my brain starts thinking of other stuff and I can't focus to save my life.

Back