we're riding the cheapest hybrid vehicles available

L

lotsa_mpg

It occurred to me this afternoon that I have the only hybrid vehicle in my hometown...and it's not a Prius, a Civic or Accord or any $30,000.00 plus automobile. It's a $500.00 bicycle. After all, a hybrid vehicle is simply one that can run on at least two different power sources, in our case, gas or muscles. Having had it on my mind all day, the gears started churning in my head and I thought about my provincial goverment's latest promise to provide rebates of up to $2000.00 to any resident of Manitoba purchasing a hybrid vehicle this year. Well, I know I'm not gonna get far with it, but I have this real urge to fill out an application just for kicks. I mean, they can't argue that it isn't a hybrid because it most certainly is.....and it gets triple the mileage of anything available at any automobile dealership. Perhaps, they'll argue that because it's a two stroke, it pollutes too much to qualify as a low emmissions vehicle.....if so, Dax here I come for one of your new 4-strokes. Yeah, this is probably just a pipe dream....I just wanted to stir things up a bit.......and can you imagine cashing in a $2000.00 rebate check for something that only cost five bills? That'd be sweet.

Pete

Hope it works.

About 20 years ago the state of Oregon gave me a $1140.00 rebate on a $1200.00 solar hot water heater. So for $60.00 I got a water heater that has given me free hot water for 20 years so far.

Moth

i love your reasoning & i say put it on their shoulders to explain why you wouldn't qualify 8)

lotsa_mpg said:
...and I thought about my provincial goverment's latest promise to provide rebates of up to $2000.00 to any resident of Manitoba purchasing a hybrid vehicle this year...

Pete

I like your thinking but I suspect they'd give us a couple of hundred at most. They likely have all sorts of fine print much like Manitoba Hydro has for the energy upgrades one can do to their house (can only use specific types of pre-approved products, blah blah blah).

It would be a great idea to raise up a stink about it though because, essentially you are right!

lol....thanks, guys for your encouragement. I've been looking up the MB gov website and checked into the rebate program. It says the vehicles are automatically qualify for the rebate when they are registered....and checks are mailed out shortly after. Since we can't register these rigs, I'll just have to send an email to the provincial government explaining why I want some money out of the program. It'll likely be a few days before I get around to doing it, but I think it'll be a lot of fun just to see what they have to say (if they even bother to reply). I'll keep you informed of any response I get.

Moth, that solar powered hot water heater sounds very interesting...and congratulations on getting it installed for almost free when all was said and done. Have you had any problems with it?

Pete

I installed it myself and have not had any problems with it at all.

Moth

"Moth, that solar powered hot water heater sounds very interesting...and congratulations on getting it installed for almost free when all was said and done. Have you had any problems with it?"

Pete

Back