Wet magneto coil

jacobsas

Local time
10:48 AM
I'm new around here, is it possible for the coil to fail when it gets wet. (i am getting no spark)
I was driving around in the rain and the bike was fine, the next day i got start it and nothing. I replaced the plug checked resistance on the cdi and on the coil and there was resistance showing. Could the Magneto coil be done? Thanks
p.s only put about 50 miles on it before i went rain riding

almost every time it gets wet, you need to buy a new one - some folks seem to have good luck painting the seam of that cover with clear nail polish

Pull one of the kill wires just in case, if the kill is shorted with water you may get a false positive, otherwise it's almost definitely a cdi, if you have had bad seal on the magneto cover that might do it too if it got shorted with water, I and many others coat the mag with epoxy to water proof it as much as possible.

Don't feel bad I lost power at least twice while riding from water related issues, one of them was during a bad rain, when I used sbp cdi I never had problems, it was bullet proof.

Was it wet inside the mag cover? I have had to ride in wet conditions and have not seen any moisture inside the cover.
Electricity and water should not be mixed. You can look on other threads here for the proper ohms should be.
You can try putting the mag in a bag of rice for a day or two to pull any moisture out. (They R Chinese, they like rice <;[~ ).

Was it wet inside the mag cover? I have had to ride in wet conditions and have not seen any moisture inside the cover.
Electricity and water should not be mixed. You can look on other threads here for the proper ohms should bie.
You can try putting the mag in a bag of rice for a day or two to pull any moisture out. (They R Chinese, they like rice <;[~ ).
Don't know if thats how that works, never heard of rice that bring chinaman bok to rife..

I Probably Shouldn't be joking in this thread, off topic would be different.
I got my mag /loop-coil, mag rotor, and Supercharge CDI + small (mag side) seal and retainer plate.
Now I hope the weather gets above 28* F. (60*+ would be better) So I can go work on the bike. If I can Just get spark I'll be happy. I can always file/ grind on the couple woodruff keys I got to change the timing. Can do that in the house. If I was single, I would be doing everything in the house when the weather outside is this chili.

I'm new around here, is it possible for the coil to fail when it gets wet. (i am getting no spark)
I was driving around in the rain and the bike was fine, the next day i got start it and nothing. I replaced the plug checked resistance on the cdi and on the coil and there was resistance showing. Could the Magneto coil be done? Thanks
p.s only put about 50 miles on it before i went rain riding
Is what you can do is remove the forward bottom bolt to allow for water to run out pull your cover off if you get spent fuel coming out you need a new side seal fast.
Next use a silicon seal seal the cover joint cracks to keep water out.

Back