Wet Spark Plug

Karalewis4225

Local time
1:16 PM
New 80cc/66cc engine.

I cant get it started whatsoever. Ive tried several different spark plugs, cdis and magnetos.

I dont have any toolss to check the volts etc. But I checked by removing the plug and putting the cdi cap on it and pushing the bike around with the clutch released. And I got zapped pretty good, its too bright outside to see any kind of spark. But as soon as I put the plug into the head and try it out it gets soaked. Ive taken the head off and even carefully wiped the inside jug out and the top of the piston thinking that might help to get some excess fuel out.

From what I've recently been reading, not that I've tried, you have to empty the fuel from the crank case by pedalling around with the plug out before you have any chance of getting it started.
I'm sure others will be along with more details but that's something you can get on with in the meantime. I hope it helps. :)

yes, if the motor has gotten full of fuel, it will be very hard to start (and once started it will smoke a lot and run poorly until the fuel is all blown out) - you can clear a lot of the fuel out by removing plug and UNHOOKING CDI wires to prevent spark that might start a fire and pedaling around a lot with motor turning over

also, you should go thru all the steps in the troubleshooting list for 'no start'

I fixed the problem by flipping over the rotor thats in the middle of the magneto. Bike started right away.

had one several years ago, CDI timing was going bad - flipped rotor backwards and it ran for a week then CDI died - flipped rotor back to proper position, new CDI and all was well

that's a very rare situation tho

had one several years ago, CDI timing was going bad - flipped rotor backwards and it ran for a week then CDI died - flipped rotor back to proper position, new CDI and all was well

that's a very rare situation tho

I put a brand new cdi on it as well before i flipped the rotor. I assembled the whole back together and just didnt know about how the rotor is supposed to be flipped. So im really hoping that was it and that it wont stop working a week or two later.

Back