What are the odds...

mark20

Welp, there was this moped on the side of the road for sale, i paid 60$ for it and took it home.

Turns out, this Jawa moped was my father's first ever bike in the US!! Same vin number and year!
He sold it to a farmer 20ish years ago, and i bought it back from him 😆
My goal is to get it running and driving and well, this time were keeping it lol
Things that were replaced is the tech, pedals and the front headlight.

Need to get the engine unsiezed, and make it look less like, well a barn find

Attachments

mark20

Bit of a update, engines unsiezed now!!

Checked compression and we are at around 75psi, (my crappy compression tester reads 15-20psi low, but is accurate if you do the math) still a little low but it should run.
Also, headlight works if you pedal fast enough ;)

Vikingimike01

Okay, weird question comming up. Can you please measure from the engine mount, to the fenders, how long is it? I've been looking at these on facebook, wondering if a Lifan 125 fits in it, but I can't get any response or they can't measure it or don't understand what I mean..

mark20

Okay, weird question comming up. Can you please measure from the engine mount, to the fenders, how long is it? I've been looking at these on facebook, wondering if a Lifan 125 fits in it, but I can't get any response or they can't measure it or don't understand what I mean..
i dont think it will fit a lifan, as the frame is a bit too low for it, and far to skinny.

but ill get your measurements in tomorrow

Vikingimike01

Thank you, If its too wide, thats fine, or if it sticks out. But if it would be too low that wouldn't be good. Can you also measure the height of your engine while you're at it tomorrow? Thanks!

mark20

That engine should still be almost new with under 1,000 miles on it.
A little TLC and ya got a good moped.
yup, one problem though, its a new tach, it had around 7000 miles on it before my father sold it lol, looks like he or she crashed it pretty good and replaced the front end components (head light was all chrome, this one has a black outer shell) i need to alight the triple triangle since the wheel is a bit to the left ( i wounder why)
needs new tires, it has weak spark, and a really complex ignition system, guessing the coil is going out on it.

should be lots of fun though lol

mark20

welp, got good spark back, cleaned out all the stuff with a metal brush.

but the thing has too low of compression to run, im averaging about 40-50 psi, someone on the other forums hooked me up with a repair manuel and the minimum running psi cold is 110, and thats pushing it even. (i put oil in it and it spiked back up to 75psi, worn top end)
im going to pull off the head tomorrow and see if the decomp valve is broken or stuck. if not its going to need a new top end, ill see if i can find a overbore piston and rings.