what are the symptoms of a blown head gasket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it would flood easy with a bad gasket no compression to make a powerful explosion to burn the fuel tighten with a torque wrench to 10-12 foot pounds cross pattern

no it wont make it flood that deppends on the carbautor if the valves are stuck.

Also, you will have fuel mix coming out between the head and cylinder. Very easy to spot along with the noise it makes.
Hi so i have a honda x8rs that i bought not long ago it had a massive split down the mid part of the exhaust the lad i purchased it of told me it was the reason why it sounded so loud recently ive started having problems like hard starting strong white smoke coming from exhaust and when trying to start it i will get a strong smell of fuel once it does start as ive blocked hole up with gun gum and metal insulate high temperature tape it seems to be spitting petrol from somewhere that doesnt seem to be the exhaust is this due to a faulty cylinder or head gasket or cylinder block please or could it be something else

Compression test or coolant system block test. With the radiator cap removed when COLD. Does fluid gush out when cranking over?

Hi so i have a honda x8rs that i bought not long ago it had a massive split down the mid part of the exhaust the lad i purchased it of told me it was the reason why it sounded so loud recently ive started having problems like hard starting strong white smoke coming from exhaust and when trying to start it i will get a strong smell of fuel once it does start as ive blocked hole up with gun gum and metal insulate high temperature tape it seems to be spitting petrol from somewhere that doesnt seem to be the exhaust is this due to a faulty cylinder or head gasket or cylinder block please or could it be something else
Honda X8RS 49cc 2 stroke air cooled
White smoke out exhaust - too much oil in fuel?
Hard starting and strong smell of gas - Fouled spark plug or cyl to case, Intake air leak?
Fuel squirting out from somewhere - Leak somewhere
Compression questions - Check if ya got good compression

Not sure what ya mean about the split exhaust but sounds like ya should fix that
What's up with this plugging a hole? I don't understand

A blown head-gasket on an air-cooled single-cylinder 2-stroke is the easiest head-gasket to diagnose. You only have to check for one thing:
Is there oil/gas leaking out of where the head meets the cylinder?
Yes? It's blown.
No? It's not.

That's it. It's not like on a car where it can leak into an oil galley, water passage or into another cylinder. The head gasket only seals one thing: the cylinder. Besides, you'd have to have one **** of a leak for it to really affect performance. I'm talking about seeing puffs of smoke spitting out of the side of the engine.
I had gas coming out of crankcase gasket amd it was brand new. I coated RV red high temp to seal it and I think it ruined gasket

I had gas coming out of crankcase gasket amd it was brand new. I coated RV red high temp to seal it and I think it ruined gasket
You'll have to post a picture of what you're talking about, you might have to return the motor or break it open to change gaskets.

If gas is coming out, it's a carb float issue and this needs to be corrected before you put it back together.

I would also like to add, that fuel dripping off the bottom of the motor could be coming from anywhere, but eventually runs down the center gasket.

On a 2 stroke If your gonna put sealant on a gasket Ya need to use gas resistant sealant.
RTV red high temp ain't gas resistant. Read the instructions on the tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back