What caused this

braddenn

I have an 80 cc 2 stoke i have switched it over to pullstart. These last couple days i have been having to peddle start becouse my pull start wont retract. Well this evening i went to leave my moms and did the bump start, right off i could tell that something wasnt right my house is 2.5 blocks from moms and by the time i got 3 houses from mine releasing the clutch did nothing. I pulled the gear box cover here is what i found

Any idea what would have caused this????
Thanks for the help

Attachments

Sumsloppymeet

that looks like it physically shouldnt have been possible did you pull the gear or was it just loose behind the cover?

gary55

My guess is the cut for the woodruff key just succumbed to the stress. If the slot in the shaft is still clean replace the gear and key with new ones, and you should be good to go.

xSH0CKERJx

Suprised your clutch cover didn't take a beating. Simple. Order a bevel gear. Loosen flat head screw nut with impact driver. You'll need to lock the clutch gear. Install new bevel gear. You tube it. It's simple.
And here's a perfect example of why you need to tighten every nook and cranny bolt or screw for the first 1000 miles. Don't be a newbie because this is what happens.
I have over 4,000 miles on my 49cc 2-stroke and it's on its second bike.
I still have to tighten screws and bolts. Every 30 miles

JerboaJohn

wow, Shocker,, 4k really? hows the jug lookin? 2 years on mine but only 850 miles, still looks new inside. but I haven't had to retighten any bolt since like after 350-400 miles haha. still check tho,, got to. it's the routine but opened up the clutch side I think only 5 times since I had it