What caused this

I would check the air filter, carburettor jet and the exhaust for blockages/gum.

Well i got it to were it is runnig fairly decent. What i did was i took the capoff of the exhuast and from there it has been running good.im assuming that my exhaust is not breathing right. I put the cap back on today and right back to running like crap. I was trying to remove the baffles but i cant seem to figure the right way to go about it i would like to beable to put the cap back on so it wont sound if im dragracing with open headers . Lol u dont have any suggestions that might help

Attachments

• 15578735419493298935082096881269.jpg
    15578735419493298935082096881269.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 105
Well i got it to were it is runnig fairly decent. What i did was i took the capoff of the exhuast and from there it has been running good.im assuming that my exhaust is not breathing right. I put the cap back on today and right back to running like crap. I was trying to remove the baffles but i cant seem to figure the right way to go about it i would like to beable to put the cap back on so it wont sound if im dragracing with open headers . Lol u dont have any suggestions that might help
I don't have that type of stock muffler. There are several types.

I would drill great big holes in the bit surrounding the threaded rod, rinse it out with gas (in case of a blockage from oil and soot), thoroughly dry it in a warm place outdoors, put the cap on, and see how it goes.

Here's mine, but it's a different design of stock muffler.
View media item 61338
I have used a tissue inserted in the stinger to prevent oil dripping on my carpet, and the only time my engine had difficulty starting up and pulling was when I forgot to take the "exhaust tampon" out when I left the house.

Last edited:
Hay thanks for getting back to me i truely aprieciate every bit of info give 100% thank u il let u know how it turns out

Sounds like it's clogged, Duh! Not being a smart ass, but just buy a new pipe and do the mods that Furry suggested with the new one. You can soak it in gas and try to cut out the baffles, but I've seen the stock pipes work well for a very long time and for 20.00 bucks is it worth the trouble?

Well after i drill holes in the baffle it got its power back but know my question is what would cause it to throw sparks out the exhaust

Back