What caused this

Well i got small beval gear yesterday and put it on spent the day putting everything back togather. I got up today thinking i was readyto go for a ride. What used to take five to ten feet to start took about 3 blocks. After it finally started it ran good for maybea block then started acting like it was missing anytime i gave it gas..
I was wondering if the carburator was sitting on to much of an angle any suggestions

Attachments

• 20190422_024219.jpg
    20190422_024219.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 130
If it was running good before the gear broke then it's probably not the carb angle. More likely that you left the gas on and the engine flooded out. Try a new spark plug. NGK B7HS. How does it idle? Normal or high rev. Was iy left out in the rain?

might not be the angle issue, but to fix that for peace of mind, you can get a few degrees more level raising the motor in front. chain tension may be affected. plenty of room at the head. loosen both mounts and see how much you can get.

If it was running good before the gear broke then it's probably not the carb angle. More likely that you left the gas on and the engine flooded out. Try a new spark plug. NGK B7HS. How does it idle? Normal or high rev. Was iy left out in the rain?

Before gear broke i had it on a different frame toally disassembled so im positive the gas wasnt left on and negative on being left out in rain "garagekept"

Before gear broke i had it on a different frame toally disassembled so im positive the gas wasnt left on and negative on being left out in rain "garagekept"
So i'm guessing it running good before the frame swap. I still don't think it's the carb angle, but now you got to suspect anything that may be different or possibly put back together wrong. Did you forget the pac man clip in the carb?

So i'm guessing it running good before the frame swap. I still don't think it's the carb angle, but now you got to suspect anything that may be different or possibly put back together wrong. Did you forget the pac man clip in the carb?

No sir didnt forget the clip..
Rode it a lil today and it seemed to be running a bit better but lts still harded as heck to get it started

Have you tried taking the carb apart and cleaning it out. Could be some crud floating around in the bowl partially cloging the jet. This can be intermittent if the particle is big enough to jamb against the orifice then settle back to the bottom when stopped. Their is also the posibility that the seal behind the bevel gear got damaged when the gear broke. Usually this will cause a high idle and cause the engine to balk, then rev real high and take a long time to return to idle when you snap the throttlde wide open. If you have a propane torch you can check the seal by turning the torch on and point it the seal behind the small gear with the engine running and the torch unlit. If the seal is damaged it will allow the propane to gat into the case and the engine will die down.

Even after it warms up there's been a couplle time i had to half choke but nor.ally once it warms up its good to go

Back