What Causes A Puddle On The Floor (Besides a weak bladder XD)

yuckfoo

Local time
9:58 PM
Went out for a ride today, just noticed a fuel puddle on the floor. Not coming from the exhaust, was pretty much right under the carb. I'm wondering, generally speaking, what is usually the cause of this? What would cause fuel to either blow back out or just collect somewhere then leak out later? The black air filter was a bit wet at the intake tubes. I'd say there was at least a level tablespoon on the floor. I ran it out of fuel before bringing it in, so it seems likely that all of it dripped out of the filter mesh.

Went out for a ride today, just noticed a fuel puddle on the floor. Not coming from the exhaust, was pretty much right under the carb. I'm wondering, generally speaking, what is usually the cause of this? What would cause fuel to either blow back out or just collect somewhere then leak out later? The black air filter was a bit wet at the intake tubes. I'd say there was at least a level tablespoon on the floor. I ran it out of fuel before bringing it in, so it seems likely that all of it dripped out of the filter mesh.
I've also seen the the float bowl seep fuel at the gasket or fuel drain screw, & while riding it you never notice it, cause the wind keeps it whipped & evaporated away b4 seeing. Put a little fuel in bike & go ride for 5minutes & come home & watch it like at hawk & see if you see a seep after a hour or so.

What you described sounds like blow back, that can happen after a high speed run. If you're running reeds you may have one not sealing good.

What you described sounds like blow back, that can happen after a high speed run. If you're running reeds you may have one not sealing good.
This is what I suspected, but I don't have a reed. What would cause this on a non reed setup?

I've also seen the the float bowl seep fuel at the gasket or fuel drain screw, & while riding it you never notice it, cause the wind keeps it whipped & evaporated away b4 seeing. Put a little fuel in bike & go ride for 5minutes & come home & watch it like at hawk & see if you see a seep after a hour or so.
I've noticed that my gasket is questionable. I'll switch it out for the one in my other carb.

On piston port engines some blow back can happen, it’s nothing to worry about, it just makes a mess.

What Causes A Puddle On The Floor (Besides a weak bladder XD)​

This is a true story, back in the mid 90s, i had a friend who came over to my house with his new puppy...He named his puppy "Puddles"!!!

Needless to say, he didn't get into my house with his new puppy...I figured if it was named "Puddles", there had to be a good reason behind the name...lol.

On piston port engines some blow back can happen, it’s nothing to worry about, it just makes a mess.
My kill switch doesn't work and I choke the carb to shut it off. I'm thinking that this may have contributed.

My kill switch doesn't work and I choke the carb to shut it off. I'm thinking that this may have contributed.
Oh no, I just stop without pulling in the clutch. Pull the clutch, pedal a second and release and you're off again.

Back