WHAT COLOR FOR CYLINDER ? FANTA CHOPPER BIKE BUILD

I think it should be alright considering they sell and use the piston like the way i made mine with no problems.. In fact I made mine on the small side , figure i can always take off more but you cant add...!
I also countersunk the oiling holes on the piston wristpin area and the 3 oil holes on top of connecting rod to aid in the lubricating factor,,
The only way to realy lighten the piston on the exhaust side would be to remove some metal from inside the piston skirt.. I have heard and seen pistons with a lot of the skirt hacked off and I dont like it, plus i think you would get a lot of piston slapping.. IDK overall I think on my application that I will just leave it be, dont think that it will take away performance but hopefully add some,,

Maybe some one smarter then me out there like JAG, Steve Best or Frankenstien, or KC Cruiser can explain what actually happens with the window in piston and what measurments are best in making one,, I took a picture of ZEDA's Windowed piston that they sell and just blew it up to actuall size and got my measurments that way for the top and bottom and I marked the sides thru the intake port. and drilled my for 3/8 radius holes and then dremeled the rest.. Some people say that you dont see it so it dont got to look good,,, I say bull crap on that,, i think it looking good and being accurate is a must when it comes to engine work,,, never be a butcher hack when it comes to metal fabrication,, I am a AVIATION MACHINIST by Trade so I know what close tolerance is, I would sometimes make R&D PROJECTS with DARPA and MIT and ITT at the NAVAL BASE and holding tolerances of .003 ,, so i am also meticulas and anal in things I Creat or Modify as you can see..View attachment 78848 View attachment 78849
20170907_121712.jpg

Ride on bro!

Heading to Maryland anytime soon?

Can you show me a picture of the oil ports? I know you or somebody posted an interesting video of such a thing but I've since lost track of it and wanted to review.
IMG_20170907_165812.jpg

Idk why it's upside down. I even flipped the picture on my phone and tried again. :rolleyes:
_20170907_180157.JPG

Only a tiny bit of countersinking done, less than 1/3 the depth of the oil ports, just to help reach 1.5g removed because I like a nice round number, lol. :oops:

Can you show me a picture of the oil ports? I know you or somebody posted an interesting video of such a thing but I've since lost track of it and wanted to review.

The oil ports (holes) are on the wristpin jurnuls one on each side and there are 3 three in the top section of connecting rod also... I lightly countersink all of them.. I dont know if its such a great idea to lighten piston and weight balance it better after putting a window in it....i look at this way,,, Windowed pistons have been around a long time i am sure of and if lightening the exhaust side to balance it better is such a great idea , then why doesnt it get done as a general rule ??? I think by puting a window in you lose some structural integrity and you will lose even more by removing metal from the inside skirt... This is why people sometime choose to drill holes on the intake side or cut 2 two small windows in, instead of one big one,, It is also prefered to do a circle window or large radius in the corners like i have done , because a circle (arc) is has more strength and integrity then a square and I know from AVIATION STRUCTURAL that a circle has no corners and that all cracks or weak point will accure at a corner or point first as it being the weakest spot.

I think there is less to be gained by removing more metal then by keeping it for strength.. But hey you never know , maybe its a case by case situation and what might work for one type of engine design may not work or benifiet another...

The oil ports (holes) are on the wristpin jurnuls one on each side and there are 3 three in the top section of connecting rod also... I lightly countersink all of them.. I dont know if its such a great idea to lighten piston and weight balance it better after putting a window in it....i look at this way,,, Windowed pistons have been around a long time i am sure of and if lightening the exhaust side to balance it better is such a great idea , then why doesnt it get done as a general rule ??? I think by puting a window in you lose some structural integrity and you will lose even more by removing metal from the inside skirt... This is why people sometime choose to drill holes on the intake side or cut 2 two small windows in, instead of one big one,, It is also prefered to do a circle window or large radius in the corners like i have done , because a circle (arc) is has more strength and integrity then a square and I know from AVIATION STRUCTURAL that a circle has no corners and that all cracks or weak point will accure at a corner or point first as it being the weakest spot.

I think there is less to be gained by removing more metal then by keeping it for strength.. But hey you never know , maybe its a case by case situation and what might work for one type of engine design may not work or benifiet another...

FURY,,,?????? do you have a ZEDA engine that your building too ??? I forget who it was that ordered a ZEDA engine kit right after i ordered one from ZEDA MOTORSPORTS and told them to order one from there because ZEDA uses PAYPAL only.... was it you FURY ????

FURY,,,?????? do you have a ZEDA engine that your building too ??? I forget who it was that ordered a ZEDA engine kit right after i ordered one from ZEDA MOTORSPORTS and told them to order one from there because ZEDA uses PAYPAL only.... was it you FURY ????
No it was Rusty. Mine's an EBay engine.

I can see one definite disadvantage:
by removing material it increases the crankcase volume.

I have not read about any cases of piston skirt failure so I suppose that there's more than the absolute minimum of material.
The shapes I see inside the piston skirt don't look particularly useful to me, vertical lines and the rectangular lumps in the corners, but it's up to each builder to make their own judgement..
I could be doing the wrong thing and I'm certainly modding more things than I ought to! :oops:

Back