what could I expect.. BBR Tuning 38cc 4-Stroke Rear Axle Drive Engine Kit

adamkcasto

Local time
9:44 PM
I am very drawn to the style of engine propulsion on the bike berry axle mount kit. years ago i had a 80cc 2 stroke mid motor mount on a single speed beach cruiser. was fast but couldn't handle West Virginia's hill. i have been eyeballing this 38cc kit a for a couple weeks now.

after 2 e bikes that were good but now what i was hoping for , i'm considering a motorized bike. i have a 17 mile each way commute with about 1500 feet of climbing. what im hoping for is to hold a 25 mile and hour pace on the flats and help on the hills. I want a fast bicycle experience not a slow motorcycle, so i will be pedaling all the way. is this a reasonable expectation??

thanks in advance!

25 on the flats should be no problem, but I don't think 38cc is enough to tackle a WV hill. If you're helping (or it's helping you) then it should work, but don't expect to maintain much pace going up.

Where abouts are you in WV ? I lived in Martinsburg WV for over 20 years but moved on south to Crisfield Md. It's flat here no hills at all . A tiny engine does fine. Tom

thanks for the info! i live in Fairmont WV just south of morgantown and the PA border. i am looking at the motor help to flatten the hills out some not do the work for me,, i did a normal bike commute for 10 years but the current job is just to far for a regular bike to do daily. esspecially with all the tiny mountains around here.

side note:
how much difference would i see between a 44t and a 36 t sprocket?? im thinking of going mag wheels but seems like best you can do is 36t with the adapter....

If you want to gear for hills, you need a larger sprocket on your wheel, not smaller. The only thing I see worth it in that kit is the engine, although it's a bit anemic at 1.3 hp. It looks like this pocket bike transmission with about $40 more of stuff (at the most) that I would replace. The mount even looks too flimsy to keep...

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I think you'd need to find out exactly how much reduction that thing has before you figure out what rear sprocket to run. Looked at those kits myself, but I can't find any info on the reduction. Just by looking at it, that system doesn't appear to have enough reduction to allow the engine to rev out with a 26" wheel, which would mean the engine wouldn't get into it's powerband unless you were at a speed the engine doesn't have enough power to attain. It looks as tho it's made for smaller wheels.

Anyone have any info on the reduction?

The reverse rotation tranny on there has 5:1 reduction. The output shaft is a 10t going to a 44t. So its 22:1, that might be just fine for hills even with that weak motor.

Hey dude you could get the transmission by itself and get a higher HP motor like the goped gp460 4hp motors and put that on it will bolt on or a zenoah.

Back