What did I do now?? Feat. wheels

I wouldn't get the same thing either. Looking at the new hub they don't give the flange measurements, and yours is definitely off, you can see where it's supposed to be.
@Wrench do you know his hub dimensions? You are the local whizzer guru.

If ya never built a wheel before now's not the time to learn. Why play with it? Just buy a new wheel.
www.worksmancycles.com has good coaster brake wheels with 11 gauge spokes and clincher rim Very HD
I'll look the wheel up later for ya if ya can't find it. Or maybe someone else has some suggestions of a rear wheel.

I, myself, would ditch the coaster brake and go with a drum, rim or disc brake. Drum and disc sees brake fade more than rim (a rim brake turns the entire rim into a disc brake, so it stays cooler during use because the brake surface is much larger and spreads the heat out more), but rim brakes wear out the rim (I replaced a rim when I noticed a hole in the rim's brake surface). Coaster brakes aren't really a good option for stopping above 20 mph all the time, the cage holding the pads inside the hub tweak bad with hard fast stops. I had an eb110 lock up and shove my feet forward like I was on a fixie. Another time I had a chinese knockoff round out the coaster brake lever and unscrewed the lock nuts, destroying the bearings.

That really would be great with a disc brake on the rear and modern hub to support it. Rear brake doesn't even need a lot of power, but easily modulated control to ease off as your "weight" moves forwards during the braking deceleration. Discs are cleaner and usually stay truer longer than rims, especially the rear rim. That really helps. I wonder what the dropout dimensions are?

I am relieved you arent posting a story of a horrible accident! The video makes me concerned for the safety of others. Is the wheel a Whizzer part? When was it made? Is it "vintage" or something people expect to be made properly?

I am relieved you aren't posting a story of a horrible accident! The video makes me concerned for the safety of others. Is the wheel a Whizzer part? When was it made? Is it "vintage" or something people expect to be made properly?
I am pretty sure that is the stock "cruzzer" hub. It is trash. I look at them as slightly better than a stock cranbrook hub. The new company cheaped out everywhere they could.

Whizzer Made in Taiwan rear wheels Suck either the bearing cup falls out or the hub separates.
Every Whizzer owner has to replace the rear wheel
The Whizzer front wheel is a good drum brake wheel. Should stop OK in combo with a coaster on the rear

unoaguy has a manual clutch with Whizzer controls so he cant have a duel hand lever.
His bike Would have to be switched to a auto clutch to put a disc or a drum brake on the rear

unoaguy has a manual clutch with Whizzer controls so he cant have a duel hand lever.
His bike Would have to be switched to a auto clutch to put a disc or a drum brake on the rear
Do you forget there are duel brake levers? He's not limited to whizzer only parts lmao.

Do you forget there are duel brake levers? He's not limited to whizzer only parts lmao.

Yea, But the right hand controls and brake lever has a brake switch and a kill switch and wiring. Plus the right rear view mirror mounts to the controls. I would not suggest to throw all of that away. (In post #18 I said he can't have a duel hand lever)

Who knows maybe unoaguy wants to turn his Whizzer into a Rat Whizzer? :LOL:

The best way is like I suggested. Change his Whizzer to an auto clutch. For one, it will ride so much better. 2nd)) It will stay all Whizzer. 3rd) he can have a disc or a drum on the rear wheel.

But actually a new quality coaster brake rear wheel will be fine, when used in tandem with the Whizzer drum brake front wheel.
I know, the Whizzer drum brake front wheel is quality.
Now he ain't gotta change anything except buy a rear wheel and it will be cheaper.

But now is the time for unoaguy to make a decision. Dose he want to go auto clutch and up grade the rear wheel and brakes or keep it the same and just buy a coaster brake rear wheel?

Replace the whole wheel? What is my course of action??

The most heavy duty wheel out there I will only recommend the best.

Part#4136 26" rear coaster brake wheel with out tire /Steel clincher rim with 11 gauge spokes
Part# 4136ASS 26"alloy rear coaster brake wheel /11 gauge spokes
Call worksman Cycles for price $ They will also E mail ya pics on request.

I have part#77a and part #77ra Front and Rear drum brake wheels/ Steel Clincher rims with 11 gauge spokes

Last edited:
Back