Exhaust What did I do? TLAR exhaust mod?

I rode off road bikes till I was 53-54, at one time I had four. My son and I had a lot of fun riding at a few of the off road parks here, we rode the four and five diamond trails and I never went down. Then while tuning a little rt180 Yamaha in the backyard I crashed at maybe 15 mph, after five days in the hospital and a helicopter ride to Atlanta and a $71K bill I learn to always wear a helmet and to pay attention to what you're doing.

I think he leaned his leg against it while riding also, I still have scares from touching the exhaust head pipe on a dirt bike.
My fiberglass wrap came in today, none too soon.

The b**ch about that leg burn? If you're a dumbass it repeats. Burn on top of burn curls skin.

I could take a pic.....
🙄

Our son used to wear this tee shirt a lot, I wonder where he got that mentality from.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    5.1 KB · Views: 103
Chainlube here’s the pipe you have on order on my 49mm bore cranbrook, if you notice the stinger is larger than the head pipe.
OK, the pipe I got has a header pipe with a 22mm OD and a stinger pipe has an OD of 25mm. So the whole pipe is made wrong, and I don't know if my little bender will bend a piece of 1" in that tight of a curve to make it correct. To make it "kinda" like a real pipe the stinger would have to be 1/2". I'd really like the header to be 1"/25mm and the stinger to be 3/4"/19mm, I'll have to check what Metal Mart has available.

I fitted that pipe to my MTB, but not really liking the fit. The worse part is the fuel line and its proximity to the pipe. Plus I put the easy pull clutch and the cable is close to the chamber as well. All the wires will have to be relocated and tied up and a heat shield made for it. I have another bike to try it on first, but really got it for the MTB. So a complete remake will probably happen.

Attachments

• 20220805_130804.jpg
    20220805_130804.jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 106
I had to heat and bent two of the three I have, I’ve managed to get enough clearance to feel comfortable on long rides without worrying about something getting too hot.

I had to heat and bent two of the three I have, I’ve managed to get enough clearance to feel comfortable on long rides without worrying about something getting too hot.
Yea yea, I'll be heat it up OK. With the cut off wheel on my grinder. It looks like they started to make it right but then thought that would be toooo much performance for such an engine.
Where the header pipe goes into the expansion chamber there is a piece of 25mm pipe, but then they ended it there and started with the 22mm. I guess it was too hard to bend,

I'll try it on this cruiser bike I built last year, if it fits OK, then I'll do some performance test from there. But, eventually it's getting lopped off and fit to the MTB.

I think everyone that makes the chamber copied a pipe that was wrong because Imine are from different companies with the same results.

Back