Engine Trouble What did I do to my engine?

zacharyk0511

Local time
8:39 AM
Hello guys,

I recently purchased a motorized bike with a zeda engine.

Yesterday, I pulled the clutch and started revving it just to show off the sound.

Now when I go to drive it, it seems to not accelerate and only goes faster if I pedal and when I pull the clutch to rev everything dies.

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, it was working just fine until I revved it. I opened the muffler and saw the gasket was cracked so I took it off and waiting for a new one, but even without the muffler the same issue occurs.

Another thing is; when I bought it, it already came with a tank of pre-mixed gas. I am now running a 30:1 full synthetic mix, so I’m not sure if that is making a difference either. I asked the original owner and he had 32:1 lucas semi-synthetic mix in there.

I know others here have experience and knowledge so I am asking for help, it was very fun and I really want to get back on my bike.

Take the spark plug out and take a pic. We need to see it and go from there.

Take the spark plug out and take a pic. We need to see it and go from there.
9B785F18-C627-432C-A815-02D7E57490B9.jpeg

Is the motor NEW and broke in. ?. If not they don't like synthetic oil during the break in period.
Synthetic oil is too slippery to use .

Is the motor NEW and broke in. ?. If not they don't like synthetic oil during the break in period.
Synthetic oil is too slippery to use .
It’s been broken in. 32:1 full synthetic mix. I’m going to make a new mix with semi-synthetic and see if that helps.

Definitely too rich. take the bowl off carb and check that the jet isn't loose.
The jet doesn’t seem to be lose, I opened it and the throttle moves the little cylinder up and down properly and I have checked for clogging, I screwed everything back. However when I was pouring the fuel out from the carb, there seems to of been dirt coming out. The float was clean, all of the little holes were clean. So I’m wondering if that was the issue? Still waiting on my new chain to test. But how could revving it in idle cause dirt to appear in the carb.

Back