What Did Santa Bring Your Bike?

5-7HEAVEN

Local time
9:07 AM
I got a $14 tachometer, which got installed with $2 worth of bracket, nuts and bolts.

For the rider, a yellow rain suit. The strap on the last pants slipped off and wrapped around the rear axle. It also melted on the exhaust and ripped down the thigh. I should be fine if I don't pedal while I'm wearing rain pants.

How 'bout you?:cool:

Pretty Mama alloted me $100 to R&D the Light system I've designed, along with several chunks of time to devote to such. Might not sound like much, but my time is preciouse- two boys, a demanding line of work and renting a house that needs some long-overdue maintanance. Shop time is a rarity. The 9yo is tickled pink over his beach cruiser- he HAS a multi-speed, but the Cranny is 'cool' in his eyes, his 'Sunday ride' sort of thing. I'm thinking he'll be very comfortable when it gets a mill. James (my 13yo) wants to know if the lot of us can pedal cruise together- he has an unmotored Cranny as well. No prob, just won't pop the clutch and we'll be fine...
the Old Sgt.

Unfortunately nothing arrived under the tree for me related to bikes or MB's.
So to cure this serious problem, I have decided to order a new $120 Sun Rhyno Lite 26" wheelset w/Shimano XT disc hubs along with $60 worth of angle aluminum to complete my new pusher trailer project.
...Tis the season...
-Lowracer-

Santa left nothing for my motorbike either. I did get my wheels trued and new brake pads on my mountain bike (human powered). I also got some riding shorts and jerseys for my roadie bicycle. i gotta drop some weight.

Santa WHO?

ZIP on stuff for the MB's. I did get the go ahead on a repair 2 days before X-mas that I've been waiting almost 2 months on. Another month and I'd have started a lean sale on it. I'm NOT a storage unit. I called the guy, left messages, 3 or 4 times. Finally came by, gave me the money and it's almost done already. So I guess my MB Christmas present is gonna be getting some space back in my shop. The other present (to myself) is gonna be my Cranbrook build. I think I have a MM hub coming and my engine is just waiting on the bench. My third present is a friend of mine comming over to help straighten up my shop. I've been sick for 2 weeks so when I'd work in the shop I'd be too tired to clean up. A good friend and fellow MB'r volunteered some after christmas time to help this old man out. I think thats what Christmas is really about anyway. Not the stuff you get, but friends helping friends. And not just through the holidays, but all year long. If someone comes at me right I'll give the shirt off my back and expect nothing back. It's just nice when those you've helped through out the year turn out to be REAL friends. To me thats worth more than anything Santa could leave under the tree.
Happy Holidays,
Big Red.

Presents

Golly Gee Whiz Guy's, Didn't mean to put the kybosh on any more posts. I still wanna know what Santa brought ya. If it was cool stuff, If it was better friends, If it was coal in yer stocking I still wanna know. Don't be shy, If all ya got was underwear, Make it funny and post it. Just PLEASE, no pictures of you trying them on while riding yer bike down the street. :sick:
Shiney Side Up,
Big Red.

Back