What did you do to your motorized bike today?

JAGUAR the day comes when your runniing others you let me know. Until then it's best to kep your useless bar none to your self.

Asking others to respect the posted topic is not "running others". The only one around here trying to run someone else is you!
If you posted a thread on a car forum about Fords wouldn't you be a bit upset when people started posting about Chevrolets? Same thing. The guy here posted wanting to hear others experience upgrading, fixing, maintaining their rides and some disrespectful people started blabbing about running to the grocery store etc.
IT IS DISRESPECTFUL
And if I subscribe to said post it is assumed that I don't want people to change the topic mid stream. I want to hear what others are doing to their rides. period

Me- today I went to the local machinist and we made a head with a squish band for me to test against a "normal" head. I had to research on the internet about squish bands and found out the most important result is the squish band velocity. It shouldn't be any less than 15m/s. But that makes it fairly wide which leaves little room for the center portion without raising the compression up too high. Mine wound up with 185psi, much more than I want but I tested it anyway. Tonight I will grind it down to have less compression. Target psi is 150. Tomorrow I will be testing heads and should be able to give a full report on them.

Well seeing that you're taking offense at my post and keep ranting like a fool over the fact that I didn't follow some imaginary guideline for what others can post. You need to lighten up and get off your high horse, I rode and ENJOYED my bike and felt like saying that and will again if I'm so inclined.

Thanks for sharing, Tom.

I've been working on building a bulletproof MB to commute to work. I have several choices of frames. Today, I purchased a used motorcycle fork to mock up the front end. Also to be used are 21"x 1.6"motorcycle wheels and tough tires, and m/c drum brake. The tires are same 26.7" diameter as the ones on my MB. Been spending time on ebay hunting for motorcycle parts.

The SBP parts arrived today. Tonight I'll be installing the BB conversion kit and extra-wide 206mm bottom bracket.

I should've taken a short ride to McD's. Tomorrow for sure.

Yesterday I moved stuff to storage. Wife is happy about that. While there, I spotted my Trek w/Mits/NuVinci MB. Purchased in 2011 for $200, it needed rear brake and tire repair. After replacing tires and tubes, I set it aside. I'm awaiting parts for another build. This Trek should make a good backup commuter vehicle.

Update: Storage facility was closed, so I worked on another project. This one will have a midframed 4.5hp CY460 engine, shift kit and 8-speed internal hub. Pedals and BB conversion was done, which dictates engine placement. Fortunately, this two-stroke can be mounted upside down, if necessary.

More later.

Last edited:
Puttered on my red bike all day. Converted the vintage bicycle headlight to LED with rotary resistor for controlling brightness. I already have a lighting coil and rectifier installed to feed DC to the LED. Then I added chain adjusters to keep my chain from loosening up. I noticed when my chain is tight the ride is smoother and quieter. Removed my custom made exhaust and installed a Puch moped Biturbo expansion chamber for a little boost. My engine has always felt like it was restricted by the exhaust. It's rated at 12k rpms, but I don't think it's quite getting there. I'll see if my intuition is right tomorrow

i ran around like a chook with no head finding a sparkplug tap, M14x1.25. that was easy. guy thought i asked for a plug tap...lol. i wanted an intermediate :) lucky i checked cus plug"bottom" taps do not start cutting threads too easily!

then i tried finding some barbed fittings for my silly experiment with a watercooled head.

3 hours later i found (4x) 1/8bspt x 5/16 barbs :)

bored head ready to tap. machined hemisphere. just gotta drill and tap holes for barbs, hook up a pump and the radiator, and one water cooled HT. if theres enough stud left above the cylinder that is. else its back to the engineer supply...

i took all the sections of my next tuned pipe outta the hydrochloric acid. i hate using old rusty steel. still deciding on a final design to get cut in bulk :(

I find it frustrating when people start hacking away at each other on the forum with regards to non technical debate, but i guess it is the way it is.

Having said that i have been guilty of getting carried away and running a thread off-topic that didn't include any informative or technical detail.
After the OP made mention that i said something which was not relevant to his thread, i simply removed my post. It's so much easier to stop bad sentiment generating a life of it's own by simply using the delete button in the "edit post" function so as to remove your comments as well as making a public reference for your post deletion (to the OP) in keeping with the nature of his/her thread.

This simple action could stop a lot of ill feeling, otherwise bad sentiment will continue to fester; only to become a polarising topic, potentially spilling over into new threads.

One of the only reasons I come here is for off-topic banter, or spiraled conversation.I'm not a motorhead I'm a rider, I know what drive I'll be using, did all the research and built the bikes, what else is there but jabs and banter.
For the on topic portion, I bucked a 30mph headwind yesterday, at times the bike came to a complete and sudden halt.

Worked on the motor mount on my 460 mid-framed project. Parts came today. spares for 11t and 72t sprockets, T8F chain breaker, Dunlop motorcycle tire and tube. That sucker's the size of Kenda 3.0 x 26 bicycle tire, but MUCH tougher.....and heavier. Dunlop doesn't seem like it'll fit the rear dropout. Fender cross brace needs moving and v-brake posts removed. Hopefully both stays don't need clearancing. I couldn't find the popular 1965 Suzuki K10 motorcycle fork, so I "e-bought" a used 1987 DS100 fork for mockup. Should be here soon.

Back