what do i look out for???

new gearbox mr Dax

also, will this gearbox fit the Huasheng for left side drive like the grubee box?:D

My guess is that the clutch handle pic is an error. I see no clutch "arm" on the engine or gearbox.

thanks van! mabay he'll send it by accident too. cause i got the old style on both bikes, and the copper piece that locks it is on the road somwhere.

Greets... I saw this post about the Hua Sheng + JL hoot gearbox setup and I had to say something. The engine is very good. Once you break it in, it's pretty much indestructible. The gear box however is another story. I have burnt thru 2 of those since October and have just now received my Grubee replacement. But yea, the JL hoot gearbox is messy and loud and poorly engineered. I have heard better things about the Grubee gearbox. I realize that it probably isn't perfect but I know the other one is poorly implemented. I just hope the Grubee lasts long enough for me to get my driver's license back, lol. Good luck tho. :)

NOT particularly encouraging for either gearbox but it looks like the Grubee is the best of the worst...let's hope a new version(or something completely different & properly engineered) comes out later this year.

Back