what do i look out for???

E

eltatertoto

i figured i would be the 1st to post here, because, i want to ask a question. i just bought a 4 stroke. i neeed to know what to look out for. (cans of worms issues, like the happytimes have issues with the intake gaskets.) i just bought this engine http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=190214177567&Category=42319&_trksid=p3907.m29 i think it is the equavilant of dax's rack mount titan??? but, i just ordered about 30 min agao, and i want to know what too look out for. thanks guys! i am a 4 stroke noob (for the bikes)

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I dunno... but I'd be interested in knowing the answer to this question as well. I'd also like to know if anybody has found any parts for the GXH50 that don't fit on this Hua Sheng engine.

Tater/sparky;
I havn't tested this but from what i hear that figure 8 "SkyFire" gearbox does NOT fit on the GXH50 engine,nor does it fit a different model of Huasheng engine(i believe there's 2 models)
The Huasheng engine itself is VERY good but NOT the same as Dax's....Dax's has upgraded Japanese and American bearings for longer life and higher sustained performance.I havn't seen Dax's engine price(by itself) but i bet it's more.
Tater..please do more homework on this SkyFire gearbox cos it's about half the price of the Grubee and the Grubee is far from perfect.

Tater/sparky;
Tater..please do more homework on this SkyFire gearbox cos it's about half the price of the Grubee and the Grubee is far from perfect.

is that a look b 4 ya ask, or is that a oh, carp!!! there is major issues! suguestion??? thanks. cleanin my room now, but i thought id ask.

If you have a lawnmower that you've had for 10 years and never did nothing to it but add gas and oil and it still runs then by george there isn't much to do huh?

It seems all that's ever done to these is a valve adjustment if even that.
I think your centrifugal clutch will wear down before your engine will.

If you have a lawnmower that you've had for 10 years and never did nothing to it but add gas and oil and it still runs then by george there isn't much to do huh?

It seems all that's ever done to these is a valve adjustment if even that.
I think your centrifugal clutch will wear down before your engine will.

thanks large! now i just gotta build my own shed lol. i had to put this bike on a box so i could get the door to close!!! lol (or put my push bikes in my room :yuck:)

@Tater.
I'm only starting to get into this 4-stroke caper myself but from what i've heard it's got problems...it's not as good as the Grubee and the Grubee itself is only acceptable.I'de LOVE to hear from someone those actually using the SkyFire cos i MUCH prefer it's looks and compactness(if that's a word)
I hope i'm wrong......i'm hoping i hear from someone that sayes it pees all over the Grubee. :)

thanks large, but ive got a 33 wide by 70 inches tall space to put it in. it has to be not as high, and not wider than my porch, so the park can consider it a garbage can holder (park=trailer park manager) were only allowed a shed or a garage, not both or 2 of one :(

Back