what do people think of the dual brake lever, 1 lever pulls

I'd never get one for following reasons:

a. No redundant braking. I've had a china **** metal brake lever brake on me before. Good thing I had another lever to use to stop. The lever sheared at the hinge.

b. Brake modulation. With lots of sand on roads and offroad riding, I need a separate lever to modulate the front brakes to prevent skidding while maximizing stopping power. I don't see how a single lever could be adjusted to give me maximum front braking for asphalt, asphalt littered with sand, and off road dirt trails.

I wouldn't run without one, the concerns raised are all valid but I find the benefits out weigh the negatives.

I thought about using one for clutch and rear brake & the right hand lever for front brake, (the way it should be)

Yea i was going to get 1 and use it as brake/clutch lever where as you half to pull the clutch in to stop anyway.But for now i am just going to try having 3 levers on my bars and see how hard it realy is to stop and clutch and stuff.I would never put the front and rear brakes together. That is a bad idea in my opinion.Rear brake and clutch together sounds good to me.And front brake seperate oviously.

But you have to pull the clutch in to freewheel :) Going to add a pull start then? I don't see the brake/clutch pull being a good idea.

Real good point you make there.I never thought of that. No freewheeling would suck. thanks for pointing that out. I would of bought the lever for nothing cuz i dont want the rear and front brakes together.

Back