what do whizzers cost new?

astring

Local time
4:27 AM
they seem to have an unusual distribution network (the dealer closest to me is a gun shop!!). Any details on how to buy one, do you negotiate like when buying a car?

At the local Whizzer dealer here in Wichita, KS they are selling them new for $1595. Yes, you can negotiate just like when buying a car. I have a feeling if more people knew about them they would be selling faster - these increasing gas prices make the Whizzer a win/win - economical AND fun!

I negotiated a bit to get the price down. And I know what you mean about dealers in unusual places. I got mine at a hardcore Harley shop - not a Harley dealer - but a shop that has been around forever that works on Harleys and does performance mods and sells old restored ones. Funny to walk in there (super nice owner) and see all of these hardcore bikers while I asked to take the Whizzer for a test spin. The owner had a black 24" with chrome fenders (the one I bought) and a red 26" there - But he said he had other colors located at different pawn shops around town.

What is the difference between 2007 and 2008 models? Should the 2007's go for a couple of hundred less since it is not the current year model (like cars)?

Mine is 2007 model and they were charging full price - but that was ok with me. I don't think you get as much wiggle room with cutting prices on last year's models with a Whizzer as you would with a car.

Hi,
Retail price on the 2008 NE5 automatic clutch version is $1595.00 plus shipping from the factory to the dealer [$100.00 to $125.00 average]. The new Ambassador is $1995.00 plus shipping. Sadly the markup isn't what everyone thinks [some think the dealer buys them for half of the retail, I WISH]. Most dealers will give a discount, but are not allowed to advertize the lower prices. I offer special discounts on both bikes & parts to members of this site [contact me through PM for details]. The Ambassador is offered "loaded" with both mirrors, tachometer, chrome controls, & turn signals, whereas the NE5 model only has the left mirror. The NE5 has pedals, the Ambassador does not.
Once in a while Whizzer USA offers dealers a small discount if purchased in quanity [usually offers free shipping] and I always adjust the retail prices to reflect the discount.

Have fun,
Whizzer OuterBanks
Quenton

Last edited:
I went to look at some Ne5's today. they wanted $1500 out the door (including tax). One was a 2005 and the other 3 were 2006 models. they were dusty and all of them had less than a mile on the odometer. These look like older models that have been sitting there a long time but not used bikes. Does that sound like a good deal?

Btw I rode one around the parking lot (lots of fun)

Hi,
There is very little difference between 2005,2006, and early 2007, however the later 2007 & all 2008 had a few minor upgrades. I don't know the exact time , but somewhere the rear brake was changed to a expanding shoe, whereas the earlier models had a band brake. The models with the band brake can be converted to the drum brake easily. The fact that Whizzer upgrades their product is one of the main reasons I like doing business with them, they just keep trying to make it better. Having said all that, All Whizzer NE models are great, and buying a new one out the door for $1500.00 is a good price, remember the dealer isn't going to get rich in the process. I don't know the tax breakdown, but I know the dealer paid a fair amount to have them shipped to him, so that price seems really good to me.
Most of the dealers, like myself, don't make a living by being a Whizzer dealer, but just enjoy having our own Whizzers, and sharing the fun with others. Back in the 40's, 50's, & 60's Whizzer dealers were also a variety, including bicycle shops, hardware stores, car dealers, auto repair shops, some Western Auto stores, catalog stores, Vacumm cleaner stores [I worked for Dayton Vacumm Sales & Service , a Whizzer dealer! in the early 60's], etc, etc. However it is a good system, because you can get parts & service at many different locations [your choice], and as time moves forward there will be even more dealers.
Hope this answers your questions,
Quenton

Hi,
There is very little difference between 2005,2006, and early 2007, however the later 2007 & all 2008 had a few minor upgrades. I don't know the exact time , but somewhere the rear brake was changed to a expanding shoe, whereas the earlier models had a band brake. The models with the band brake can be converted to the drum brake easily. The fact that Whizzer upgrades their product is one of the main reasons I like doing business with them, they just keep trying to make it better. Having said all that, All Whizzer NE models are great, and buying a new one out the door for $1500.00 is a good price, remember the dealer isn't going to get rich in the process. I don't know the tax breakdown, but I know the dealer paid a fair amount to have them shipped to him, so that price seems really good to me.
Most of the dealers, like myself, don't make a living by being a Whizzer dealer, but just enjoy having our own Whizzers, and sharing the fun with others. Back in the 40's, 50's, & 60's Whizzer dealers were also a variety, including bicycle shops, hardware stores, car dealers, auto repair shops, some Western Auto stores, catalog stores, Vacumm cleaner stores [I worked for Dayton Vacumm Sales & Service , a Whizzer dealer! in the early 60's], etc, etc. However it is a good system, because you can get parts & service at many different locations [your choice], and as time moves forward there will be even more dealers.
Hope this answers your questions,
Quenton

This was at a gun shop! The guy was cool about letting me try one. I just may pick one up!

Be one with the machine

astring, fulfill your destiny! The moral statement is "Ride one and you'll buy one"

and now, grasshopper, when you can snatch the pebble out of my hand..........

Mike

Back