What do you guys think about hoverbards?

K

kentatas

What do you guys think about hoverboards for entertainment? Recently, it comes up with hot trend. What do you suggest on this?

Last edited by a moderator:

FurryOnTheInside

No I'm not kidding. The things called hoverboards (at least where I am) are like a stickless mini Segway that small children ride around on. They have two wheels and they don't hover.

Hovercraft are awesome and they do hover. British invention, of course, like the two stroke engine and pretty much everything that's good. ;) (Now I'm just kidding!)

Frankenstein

No I'm not kidding. The things called hoverboards (at least where I am) are like a stickless mini Segway that small children ride around on. They have two wheels and they don't hover.

Hovercraft are awesome and they do hover. British invention, of course, like the two stroke engine and pretty much everything that's good. ;) (Now I'm just kidding!)
No I think you guys are talking about precisely the same thing and he just pointed out that you must be joking because of how blatantly obvious it is that they don't hover lol...

He might be talking about that big stupid weird thing that looks like a 20 by 20 grid of computer fans that can actually lift a person so they can hover around awkwardly and slower than walking. Then again he might be talking about that thing where they take a board of graphite or something and freeze it and you stand on it as it floats over a huge bed of magnets. Again also kind of dumb but at least it's for entertainment and not just a good idea used in a totally stupid way to replace much better options of transport.

Those 2 wheeled things I also think are pretty dumb but my opinion shouldn't matter much since I like to roll around with 8 wheels bolted to a pair of leather boots and I'm forced to use my own energy to operate them and even keep my own balance. I guess the part I really don't like is that if the battery dies, which it does, you have to carry it around until you can plug it in.

FurryOnTheInside

No I think you guys are talking about precisely the same thing and he just pointed out that you must be joking because of how blatantly obvious it is that they don't hover lol...

He might be talking about that big stupid weird thing that looks like a 20 by 20 grid of computer fans that can actually lift a person so they can hover around awkwardly and slower than walking. Then again he might be talking about that thing where they take a board of graphite or something and freeze it and you stand on it as it floats over a huge bed of magnets. Again also kind of dumb but at least it's for entertainment and not just a good idea used in a totally stupid way to replace much better options of transport.

Those 2 wheeled things I also think are pretty dumb but my opinion shouldn't matter much since I like to roll around with 8 wheels bolted to a pair of leather boots and I'm forced to use my own energy to operate them and even keep my own balance. I guess the part I really don't like is that if the battery dies, which it does, you have to carry it around until you can plug it in.
I want to try the land boards actually. I'm doing kite surfing lessons this winter so I can learn to balance on nice soft water before I eventually progress to the land boards on the hard packed sand flats. I've never got into boards so it will be very funny. Those land boards can be fast though, as long as the wind is blowing, and best of all no need to provide the power myself lol! :)

Frankenstein

Seems like something you should do when you're young, I hear the old people break easily and take a long time to get back to being able to use their walker all on their own.

I wonder if you could attach something like that to your chest and then set up ramps and use the wind to get you some literal air on a bicycle! At least mistakes will naturally land you to your back, just stick a board over it and when you dump the bike maybe go for the board lol...

FurryOnTheInside

Seems like something you should do when you're young, I hear the old people break easily and take a long time to get back to being able to use their walker all on their own.

I wonder if you could attach something like that to your chest and then set up ramps and use the wind to get you some literal air on a bicycle! At least mistakes will naturally land you to your back, just stick a board over it and when you dump the bike maybe go for the board lol...
The kite is flown by the hands, so bikes are out of the question. They have foot steered trikeys, land boards and the kitesurfing boards. I will be dragged along on my face a lot, that's how you fall with a powerkite tied to the front of the waist harness lol.
The surface temperature of the sea here is about 44°F maximum at the moment so this whole idea is pretty bloody masochistic, but it was my big bro's idea and it's nice to do something together. :)
Its a good sport to combine with the motored bike. Wetsuit, two kites and a board should fit okay on a bike trailer so when I get my own gear I can haul it to the surf beaches out west. :)

CrazyDan

Hoverboards as they stand are just children's toys. This thread veered so far from topic, kites n such :p.

FurryOnTheInside

Hoverboards as they stand are just children's toys. This thread veered so far from topic, kites n such :p.
Yeah but still boards. :p
And yeah hoverboards are weird and useless lol. Im sure if you had, like, eight of them you could make a vehicle capable of carrying an adult male.... But still only at 1.5mph for about a mile lol! :rolleyes:

Street Ryderz

Frist pic I'm paddling out in front of guy standing,The next pic is on the other side of point the first pic was taken. And NO it's not photo shoped It's Toronto in the back ground surfing lake Ont.in Ashbridges bay during the spring,fall and sometimes the winter storms with water temps at 36-38f ice forms on all strings and straps making for some good wacks but it's all good.Their is a small group of guys and growing fast that surf the great lakes here in Ont. The news crews love it and there is alot of pic's video's even a documentary about it.

Steve Best

Here they do it a Lawrencetown Beach whenever a big storm brings in the breakers, even in this weather. More cajones than I got...

Yup, do a search on Lawrencetown Beach winter surfing. It's a thing dude.

Frankenstein

Here they do it a Lawrencetown Beach whenever a big storm brings in the breakers, even in this weather. More cajones than I got...

Yup, do a search on Lawrencetown Beach winter surfing. It's a thing dude.
I did that once and my cajones disappeared for a week...

Tyler6357

Ha! Yeah, the Brits are very industrious, so when are they going to finally get rid of kings and queens? :)

Frankenstein

Ha! Yeah, the Brits are very industrious, so when are they going to finally get rid of kings and queens? :)
About as soon as the Americans get rid of all their excessive things, when is Nigeria going to stop putting people in jail for no reason, then sell them into slavery on farms or simply just "rent them out" by the day? If they don't work hard enough they get beaten, sometimes to death, they don't get paid. Luckily none of us are born in a sh*t hole like that just to be tortured and enslaved for absolutely no reason at all, at least we have time to worry about silly things like kings and queens lol..

Steve Best

About as soon as the Americans get rid of all their excessive things, when is Nigeria going to stop putting people in jail for no reason, then sell them into slavery on farms or simply just "rent them out" by the day? If they don't work hard enough they get beaten, sometimes to death, they don't get paid. Luckily none of us are born in a sh*t hole like that just to be tortured and enslaved for absolutely no reason at all, at least we have time to worry about silly things like kings and queens lol..
Go easy on that sense of superiority. The USA has 20 TIMES more people in jail per capita than Nigeria! What is up with that?

You knew this fact, right?
Your news must mention it and your politicians must be working on this embarrassment, right?
With all the bad folks in jail, there must be huge a feeling of safety across the country?
No? What is going on? This is crazy that this would continue to go on for decades.
This is what the civilized world sees, the questions they ask.