what do you guys think about predator motors?

HUGE FAN of the 212 Predators. Smooth, reliable, very torquey and by simply putting a less restrictive muffler/exhaust system on it, up to 8hp can be pulled at 4500 rpm, which is plenty safe for the stock internals. The stock carb is kinda basic, and these things carburate better with one of the slide-type carbs. They're harder (though not impossible) to shoehorn into a bicycle. Expect 45-50mph top speeds. I greatly improved my go-karts going with a stock Predator over the B/S 5hp flatheads. I have a Hemi, still in the box, waiting to go into some future project when I get the time.

HUGE FAN of the 212 Predators. Smooth, reliable, very torquey and by simply putting a less restrictive muffler/exhaust system on it, up to 8hp can be pulled at 4500 rpm, which is plenty safe for the stock internals. The stock carb is kinda basic, and these things carburate better with one of the slide-type carbs. They're harder (though not impossible) to shoehorn into a bicycle. Expect 45-50mph top speeds. I greatly improved my go-karts going with a stock Predator over the B/S 5hp flatheads. I have a Hemi, still in the box, waiting to go into some future project when I get the time.
There's a fella on YouTube that has been messing around with all kinds of engine setups on minibikes with the 212cc concerning carburation
and CNC parts and he got a clock on one setup of 60 mph on the minibike. Riding that low and running that fast on it had to look like he was
running 100 mph plus! :) Yes, easily over 50 mph on a bike with plenty of rpm to go!

I mounted a stock 212 on my lowrider/trike and with my fat butt on it and just by-passing the governor, I hit 47mph on the GPS. That's NO MODS whatsoever. They are gentle giants!

I mounted a stock 212 on my lowrider/trike and with my fat butt on it and just by-passing the governor, I hit 47mph on the GPS. That's NO MODS whatsoever. They are gentle giants!
Treat them with RESPECT since they can really bite back and twist the bike into a pretzel plus they are known for breaking things! :LOL:

Back