What do you like about your kit?

2stroker

Local time
12:55 PM
why i like my kit. I have been riding for over 3months now and have had not one problem. I got over 600miles and haven't had to touch a thing. Simplicity is the key behind these motorized bikes. The more parts you have the more you have to break. I have an engine and a drive wheel. bolts to my bike with one bolt and i hook up my throttle cable and my bungee and im off. No clutch, no chains, no maintenance, no worries 15miles a tank 150miles a gallon..
When something does go wrong i will be sure to post it. dont hold your breath though:cool:

Quote: "The more parts you have the more you have to break."

Funny you say that, for my bike needed a lot of custom designed parts to make it reliable.
It's like a blinking Christmas tree with all the extra electrical and mechanical additions, but such improvements were needed.

Mirrors, lights and instruments all seem to be a big help in dealing with traffic. However I do agree with don't make things complicated if there's a simple way to do it.

Quote: "The more parts you have the more you have to break."

Funny you say that, for my bike needed a lot of custom designed parts to make it reliable.
It's like a blinking Christmas tree with all the extra electrical and mechanical additions, but such improvements were needed.
I gotta a rear view mirror and blinkings lights for safety to. I ride at night alot and I gotta be careful. friday nights are usually the busiest. But I dont have any custom parts on my bike. Besides lights and a mirror. I got my custom parts on my trans am.:cool:

I do have a speedometer and tachometer/hour counter. The key to long life with 4 strokes is keep that oil changed every 50 hours and clean the air filter every 10 hours.

I like the fact that my bike(s) are one of a kind, and I have not seen another one like either of my bikes.
this is partially because i built a lot of custom parts, and did custom paint jobs on both of them.
I also like the fact that my bikes are fairly fast, reliable, and they look good.
I haven't had any problems with either one of my engines since i bought them either, other than a blown intake manifold gasket.
I like that my bikes are custom, and they are pretty much bare bones without a lot of doo-dads added to them.
clean wiring, cable routing and stuff liek that makes them look clean.
no lights, no turn signals, bare bones...that's how like 'em.

You got some really nice bikes, I like them. Here in Tennessee we have a three foot clearance law for any kind of bike. Unfortunately many of the four wheel and up vehicles don't know the difference between three feet and a few inches. I live in a small town the police don't brother you if you obey the laws. For the most part I've got these things on my bike for my personal safety. As for having one of a kind bikes you can hear my bike changing gears as I ride down the road. It changes the gears automatically by the way.

Motorized Bikes are alot of fun. As long as you take care of em they are reliable.
I dont think deathproof had a good experiance with his. He threw it in the trash:cool::willy_

What rpms does your motors run at. I think the tanaka max's out at 5,500. Mine runs a 7,000rpm I have a old tanaka from 93 that has a hand ballanced crank and runs at 11,000rpm. It goes like 45 mph its to fast i just let it sit (no spare parts if it breaks) and ride my bumblebeebolton. Its only a 26cc. 30mph is fast enough for me. I get over a mph per cc outta it. I got clocked by a cop last night goin 33. I wanna get a speedometer for mine how much do those cost?

You can buy a speedometer at Walmart for around $22. The Robin Subaru EHO 35 will max out slightly over 8000 rpm. I never run mine beyond 7000 rpm.

Last edited:
Back