What do you think about Training Wheels for winter ice driving?

Here you go inspector.

Here you go inspector.

That front ski has a design flaw, As soon as the ski comes off the ground it wants to fall down at the front very dangerous it should spring up a little so the tip does not catch the ground and flip you ass over tea kettle when it lands

Ya, the snow bike looks like it would work with a motor on it in Alaska.

One bike shop told me the training wheels for a 26" bike would make it unstable and unsafe I don't see how he can say that look at little toddlers with them.

Another bike store said you can buy carbide studs at tire store and DIY called Firestone they said they ain't got them referred me to O,Riley's.

I called them he said they ain't got them but he said you can use zip ties around the tires except I have rim brakes how well they would work on ice and how long i don't know maybe one of you disc brake fellas can test it and report results.

Another source on eBay DIY carbide studs about $5.00 for 25 studs and it takes about 221 studs per tire for a bag price $50.00

Found a studded tire for $45.00 on eBay maybe I will tap on that?

Right now temperature 25° it was suppose to snow instead it's just icing inside a wet cloud mist making me weary for my return ride home, dread the idea of busting both knee caps again.

Ya, the snow bike looks like it would work with a motor on it in Alaska.

One bike shop told me the training wheels for a 26" bike would make it unstable and unsafe I don't see how he can say that look at little toddlers with them.

Another bike store said you can buy carbide studs at tire store and DIY called Firestone they said they ain't got them referred me to O,Riley's.

I called them he said they ain't got them but he said you can use zip ties around the tires except I have rim brakes how well they would work on ice and how long i don't know maybe one of you disc brake fellas can test it and report results.

Another source on eBay DIY carbide studs about $5.00 for 25 studs and it takes about 221 studs per tire for a bag price $50.00

Found a studded tire for $45.00 on eBay maybe I will tap on that?

Right now temperature 25° it was suppose to snow instead it's just icing inside a wet cloud mist making me weary for my return ride home, dread the idea of busting both knee caps again.
Couple of short tek screws through the tire, with a backer of sheet steel gorilla taped over it, and maybe a tire liner for extra measure. We used to do this to dirt bike tires for riding in winter. Except we screwed then into the nubs. Since we use tubed tires mainly, going completely through the tire is ok.

Here you go inspector.

They use a swedish tire that's studded...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220120-145825.png
    Screenshot_20220120-145825.png
    371.6 KB · Views: 137
Couple of short tek screws through the tire, with a backer of sheet steel gorilla taped over it, and maybe a tire liner for extra measure. We used to do this to dirt bike tires for riding in winter. Except we screwed then into the nubs. Since we use tubed tires mainly, going completely through the tire is ok.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220120-150430.png
    Screenshot_20220120-150430.png
    261.8 KB · Views: 125
Oh and one time we did screws through the tires, and then put a piece of rubber patch over them.
In Maine at the ice racing we drilled out the tire 1/4" nuts and bolts some times chanel like a cleat... Chains were banned before my time... A thick liner or another tire ... Starting fluid to seat the bead then screw the bead down no air pressure... Never heard of the metal band... We put Subaru (81) 13"rims and tires with bolts 3/4" long with a liner and tube on the 80's Honda 3-4 wheelers same 4 bolt pattern on the rear would keep up with the 340 440 sleds then....lot of fun lot of Budweiser trucks going through... Sometimes a snowmobile would run right through an ice fishing shanty...

Back