What do you think?

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping to be able to bike normally without batteries with the Crystalyte 407 hub motor still installed. The extra weight will still be there of course but I'm interested in whether it increases friction to normal riding. What is your experience?

Thanks so much,
Rob

:cool:if you lifted the bike and turned the front wheel, it would not spin as well as normal axles. however, it COASTED just as well as normal bikes.

i had no problem with my 400-series front hub.

Myron

Howdy everyone-

I'm thinking the main advantage for me to put the hub motor on the back is that I can quick release the front wheel to be able to continue to pack the bike in my tiny car. Otherwise, it seems better to put it on the front for balancing distribution. I also like the fact that 40X hubs look almost invisible in the rear. I've seen a rear 406 with a 7 speed gear for sale. Can't seem to find the drop out spacing for the 40X with different gear configurations. Can anybody help? Can the 40X handle the 66-72V at 30-40 amps without problems? I really don't want the extra weight and freewheel friction of the 530X. Any pros and cons to any of these ideas? I really appreciate the dialogue.

Lots of love health and hope,
Rob McGregor

:cool:Rob, my 2-speed 400-series hub handled 72vdc with no problems. it NEVER overheated, and was as warm as cocoa. the only time it got hotter was when i slowly crawled up a hill for 50 yards.

Myron

Back