What Does Your Bike Weigh?

What's Your Bike Weigh?

• Less than 50 pounds. What a light-weight!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50 to 59 pounds

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • 60 to 69 pounds

• 70 to 79 pounds

• 80 to 89 pounds

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • 90 to 99 pounds

• 100 pounds or More!

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
Bathroom scale, place the back tire in the middle, lock the rear brake and stand the bike straight up on the rear wheel. Simple and always works for me.

I used the bathroom scale. My doctor would kill me if he knew I picked up 104 pounds. I'm only allowed to pick up 10 pounds. I was a little tiny bit over that! Now I'm paying for it. Left knee and hip are really hurting. I popped an oxy pill and then morphine. I FEEL REAL GOOD NOW! I still hurt but what the ****.:devilish:

Terry

Gearnut, place a bathroom scale next to your bike's stand. Lift your bike off the ground, then step onto the scale. Note the combined weight; now weigh yourself and subtract from combined weight. That's your bike weight.

"The Dragon Lady" weighed 140lbs. with electric hub and 80lbs of batteries. :sick:

When I replaced the electric drive with twin Mitsubishi 2.2hp engines, it weighed 105lbs.

My Diamondback bike with Scooterguy mount and Tanaka 47R engine weighs 55lbs.

My "Project 29" with GP460 engine should weigh 45lbs.

That same Diamond bike with Scooterguy mount, GP460 engine and SBP Happy Time expansion pipe now weighs 57lbs.:geek:

With 5hp @ 11,000rpm and 6-speed close-ratio cassette/shift kit, it's a ROCKET!:giggle:

well, I can pick it up, so it probably weighs less than 100 lbs, but picking it up ain't fun, so it's got to be close, especially with a full tank of gas (can hold 1.5 gal). The bike all by itself is 37 lbs... add standard motor kit, 7 lb battery for lights, tool kit, saddle bags, 1.5 gallons of fuel... it adds up.

I do not own a scale.

I used the bathroom scale. My doctor would kill me if he knew I picked up 104 pounds. I'm only allowed to pick up 10 pounds. I was a little tiny bit over that! Now I'm paying for it. Left knee and hip are really hurting. I popped an oxy pill and then morphine. I FEEL REAL GOOD NOW! I still hurt but what the ****.:devilish:

Terry

go out there and pedal assist that thing :whistle:

Terry, I thought it would be useful to add a poll to this thread, so I did... and voted:cool:.

Since several of us have more than 1 bike, you can select more than one weight. (If you have more than 1 bike at the same weight, PM any of the mods or admins, and we can bump the count up at that weight...)

My Trek Navigator with a Staton/Mitsubishi TLE43 friction drive is now just over 50 pounds, after adding a rear basket (and a wheelmaster 10 gage/Sturmey-Archer Dynohub front wheel.
My wife's Staton/Honda GX25 Friction drive was 43 pounds, before it was stolen.

Last edited:
Haven't had a chance to weigh all four of my bikes yet, but my Whizzer weighs in right around 112lbs. The standard empty weight of a Whizzer NE5 is 104lbs (dry), but the extra weight is courtesy of a couple of tool bags and replacing the standard aluminim rims with heavy duty Worksman steel rims.

Back