Clutch What drive belts are needed for 1999 Whizzer Pacemaker 2

PriJos0356

Local time
3:56 AM
I have two 1999 Whizzer Pacemaker 2's and I'm trying to figure out what kind of belts I need for the clutch/drive train.

It had an AX29 toothed belt on the front and an AX62 toothed belt on the back when I got it. These belts are old and need to be replaced, so we're replacing them, but we're not sure if these are the right belts.

Are the belts supposed to be AX29 and AX62 and should they be toothed or smooth belts? Any knowledge or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have two 1999 Whizzer Pacemaker 2's and I'm trying to figure out what kind of belts I need for the clutch/drive train.

It had an AX29 toothed belt on the front and an AX62 toothed belt on the back when I got it. These belts are old and need to be replaced, so we're replacing them, but we're not sure if these are the right belts.

Are the belts supposed to be AX29 and AX62 and should they be toothed or smooth belts? Any knowledge or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yes you got the correct belts.

Toothed belts go around smaller pulleys better and grip better than the smooth belts

I'm fighting the too loose belt issue as of getting my bike running today...for the first time. I finally got the motor back together with a piston/rings from Paul. For some reason the piston pin that was in the new box was completely wrong dia....I used the old one. The engine now fires up almost instantly. I had to make a rear stand out of plywood and aluminum so that I could pedal the thing. The center stand is useless for starting. I gotta find/build a real rear stand like the old bikes. Mine is a '99. I aimed the bike downhill out of the shop and it went right along until I turned around and tried a slight rise...slipped like crazy. I tried adjustments and got nowhere, so far. I've never ridden a Whizzer before today and first impressions are that its a terrible bicycle and a worse motorcycle...At least I got the jury rigged ignition to work thanks to help from this forum.

I'm fighting the too loose belt issue as of getting my bike running today...for the first time. I finally got the motor back together with a piston/rings from Paul. For some reason the piston pin that was in the new box was completely wrong dia....I used the old one. The engine now fires up almost instantly. I had to make a rear stand out of plywood and aluminum so that I could pedal the thing. The center stand is useless for starting. I gotta find/build a real rear stand like the old bikes. Mine is a '99. I aimed the bike downhill out of the shop and it went right along until I turned around and tried a slight rise...slipped like crazy. I tried adjustments and got nowhere, so far. I've never ridden a Whizzer before today and first impressions are that its a terrible bicycle and a worse motorcycle...At least I got the jury rigged ignition to work thanks to help from this forum.

Do you have the belt guard on the bike?
There are belt guide brackets in it that help keep the belt tension aligned
Use a new belt, an old belt may look OK but it's stretched and worn just enough to make the belt slip
The front belt is tightened by moving the engine forward a little.
Hope some of this info helps

I have the belt guard and guide bracket in place. I've ordered new belts but will move the engine tomorrow. Thanks.

Back