What engine should I buy? Ebay, etc?

S

Stratocaster

Hey guys,

I've gone through pages of past posts here on the site, and I'm no closer to finding an answer.

I want to buy an engine kit to install on my Schwinn. I just don't know what kind!

I want power and reliability at a good price. I see some for sale on eBay - but what make are they? How do I know what to get? Also, their shipping fees are outrageous. Would I be better off ordering direct from a manufacturer?

Help me out, boys. I want to get out there. Oh, and - I'm in Canada. Is there any problems shipping an engine over the border?

Thanks for your help.

A

Well...I get my first engine tomarrow and I researched the **** out of these things. Here's what I've compiled.

Kings motors stink- some of you may get them to work But I've heard way to many negative posts on these engines-----Also the head casting on these just look poor. They will get you on the road...back to you garage to fix bearings and stuff.

Grubee engines are very high quality but quite pricey. They supposedly last longer than Dax's. They will you you on the road for a long long time

Which leaves Dax's engines. Dax is not the maker of the engine (the veterans on here might get angry) it's actually Howell or sumthing. Thatsdax engines are high quality and they are considerably cheaper in price. They will get you on the road and rolling for a while.

http://www.motoredbikes.com/viewtopic.php?t=411
^^^This has a poll of engines--as you can see dax is most popular

So over all, Grubee is high quality Dax is good quality and cheaper Kings---- :( not so hot

here are some site that sell them
http://www.simpsonmotorbikes.com/
http://www.thatsdax.com/ <<<his ebay is Dacscomm
http://kingsmotorbikes.com/ <<<i recommend NOT to buy this brand

there long post but all you need :D

And thanks to all the guys that helped me get my engine :D

My first engine was a kings motor and I still have it on a mountain bike. I do not understand why people bash king's engines? Mine has been fine and trouble free. Only issue now is clutch is starting to show some wear and that is an easy fix.

That's dax baby!!!!

Good price, fair shipping. Buy one off eBay and save a bunch, or if you don't have the patients, just order one.

rcjunkie--I wasn't really trying to bash it because I haven't tried one myself...I just have read many posts of guys with busted bearings and jammed clutches and just little things that stop the fun for a while.

It's no fun waiting a week for a couple of good bearings----how ever if you replace all the broken parts with new HIGH QUALITY...you could have a killer engine on it

Im sorry if I sounded cross toward Kings :???:

re

If I got a Dax engine, is it cheaper through eBay, or another source?

Also, I didn't see any brand names listed on eBay - how do I tell Dax made them?

I'm surprised about all these brands, because all the kits look the same.

I just don't know what to think. On eBay, I read descriptions of the kits, and some guys say, "oh, we have heavy duty petcocks and clutch, etc., not like the other guys" and I don't know who the other guys are...

you may not realize it, but you're discussing sellers here and not makers...a seller chooses his source, one of many in china, then he sells 'em to us. so, choice of supply plus attitude on customer service is how most of these "which engine" topics boil down.

i only own one engine, a 70cc from dax. i'm way more than very satisfied with everything i know about the guys, and i think they've chosen a great kit to sell.

that said, i cannot say they're the best, or that someone else isn't...how could i possibly know 'til i've owned the product?

you said you've read around the board...well, go 'round one more time, just to be sure, before you make your choice.

keep us posted 8)

re

So I want Dax, then.

Is it cheaper through eBay or another way?

Do the Dax kits have better components than others?

Stratocaster said:
So I want Dax, then.

Is it cheaper through eBay or another way?

Do the Dax kits have better components than others?

I have bought three from dax...all on ebay
180, 149, 130 all +25 shipping
the money you save can be spent on spare parts

Back