What frame is this?

twofoot

Local time
12:11 PM
Hey folks. I can't afford to spend the $3k this guy is asking for the bike, but I could probably roll me own.

Does anyone know what frame this is? I'm not sure if it is vintage or not, as it was painted to look old.

Thanks!

Chris

Attachments

• frameQ.jpg
    frameQ.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 212
Just my opinion. It looks like a contemporary beach cruiser with the two smaller top tubes removed. Definitely has a custom tank. Top of seat tube has been trimmed to mount the seat lower and more aft. The fork looks like it is stock with the leaf spring and strut bolted on.
I think the builder did a great job without having to weld and stretch the frame. The tank might be made from wood with a steel tank inside.

id give him $60 for effort, $100 for the frame, $100 for the engine, subtract $75 for being a try hard and making it look like its old when its just lame, and take away another $75 for attaching that stupid thing to the front forks because hard as i try, i cant see how it serves any real purpose. i seriously hate things that attempt to look like what they are NOT. so whats that? $110, and then i still wouldnt want to ride the stupid looking thing...

now, if it had a genuine whizzer engine in it, or was handmade like something back then would have been, the front forks where genuinely pivoted and sprung, and it didnt just look lame, well, then i would say $3000 is not only a bargain but unbelievable...

as it stands...let him sell it to a moron with more money than sense. move on my good sir, move on :) im sure, given my critique, you could do better :)

Back