What gas caps fit the 2L tank?

So you read what I wrote there tonight then???

Still looking. Thread did me no good, I found it before I made this thread.

I would rather deal with a ripped gasoline line than a seized engine

I have mentioned this one many times in the past...This is the cap to fit it that I also use...They are actually a vented cap made for Honda Helix's as well as Honda snowmobiles, I like them because you don't get a lapful of gasoline like you do with the cheap caps that come with the 2 litre tanks when you fill er up...lol.

So this cap won't leak at all?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I have that cap on my first bike... it doesn't leak. It IS a tight fit... but it fits.

I'm likely going to get another for my 2nd project.

I have an extra gas cap. I wonder if I take the rubber gasket from one and double up the second one if that would stop the leakage. I'm gonna try it.

I have an extra gas cap. I wonder if I take the rubber gasket from one and double up the second one if that would stop the leakage. I'm gonna try it.
It doesn't work, it will just split the gaskets when under pressure of two crammed gaskets and make it leak worse...Just buy the cap for the cheap money it will cost...I'm glad I bought and use it, I never use the stock kit caps any more due to leakage, a lap full of gas when accelerating etc. etc.

It doesn't work, it will just split the gaskets when under pressure of two crammed gaskets and make it leak worse...Just buy the cap for the cheap money it will cost...I'm glad I bought and use it, I never use the stock kit caps any more due to leakage, a lap full of gas when accelerating etc. etc.
I guess you have tried that.

Back