What Gas should i use on my motorized bike, and what gas/oil mixture

Sergey Timoshenko

Local time
8:59 AM
hi
I built my motorized bike last summer; I was recommended to use non-oxy gas for my 2-stroke 80cc engine. I'm here just to find out if there is a better alternative gas that is better and healthier for the engine, and what mixture should I use for the engine(still in break-in period)

thank you in advance

stick with regular 2 stroke oil and 87octane during break in on highly modified i run 93octane and only after break in switch 2 stroke oil to a good brand full synthetic i keep it between 40:1-32:1 depending on the distance im planing on going or length of time i plan to use the engine more during break in tho they suggest 20:1

people say non-ethanol gas for small engines but if you clean the carb at least once or twice a year anyway it's not a huge difference. maybe something like 2% more power than ethanol blends.
you could get 92 or 94 octane and separate the ethanol from gas with water. there's some Youtube vids showing it's really easy

Thanks for the heads up
people say non-ethanol gas for small engines but if you clean the carb at least once or twice a year anyway it's not a huge difference. maybe something like 2% more power than ethanol blends.
you could get 92 or 94 octane and separate the ethanol from gas with water. there's some Youtube vids showing it's really easy

Lots of different opinions on mixing ratios if you look through some of the old threads on here you will find long discussions about it, but I would go 24 to 1 for the first 3 gallons and 32 to 1 after unless you go with a special oil like OPTI 2 at 100 to 1.

Back