What happened to my engine?

To update this thread!. I ordered the past yesterday via amazon prime, from a seller CDHpower. This is the cylinder https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RKZ34GL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and this is the piston https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XC1RY15/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and a gasket set. The parts were here in less then 24 hours!!!

The quality seems much better esp on the ports, they were smooth, unlike the one i took off.

Installed everything, put MMO in the cylinder and pistion and it fired right up, and seems to have more power then the org setup, but i did not get on it, took it up to say 20.. IM guessing i will have to break the rings in again, with easy-ish riding, no wot for extended periods of time, vary the speed, ect? Thanks again for all the feedback!!!

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
The circlip for the wristpin broke off and yes that's the normal damage it does when it happens. I had the same thing happen to me last year and same kind of damage. You're best off to use a better quality circlip like a 10mm malossi or a wiseco cw10 both can be found on Ebay

UPDATE:
Yup..... Paying for this now, i used the stock circlip, and got 233 miles, the same as the first one! Piston, and cylinder are shot once again, because the circlip broke off. So i now bought piston, cylinder, headgasket and bottom gasket, plus the wiseco cw10 10mm clips........ Should of bought the clips when i had to do this the first time. And yeah, i found the broken piece again on top of piston.

UPDATE:
Yup..... Paying for this now, i used the stock circlip, and got 233 miles, the same as the first one! Piston, and cylinder are shot once again, because the circlip broke off. So i now bought piston, cylinder, headgasket and bottom gasket, plus the wiseco cw10 10mm clips........ Should of bought the clips when i had to do this the first time. And yeah, i found the broken piece again on top of piston.
It's only a mistake if you don't learn from it, good thing this lesson didn't cost much :D.

This has been such a problem that some manufacturers have changed the clip design to have only one prong to hold with pliers, you have to lay the end into the piston clip groove and work the clip in. It's similar to putting rings on the piston, no matter which you use pay attention to make sure they are tight. If after installing you can move it with your finger it's not tight enough, I've had to use two pliers and spread the clip slightly to make it tight, if loose take it out and spread it.

Back