What have I got myself into

wisconsinjimmy

Local time
6:42 PM
Hell Folks,
This put-put I have came from my dads place and he has had it since I do not remember when, just parked in the pole bldg until I just recently gave him $25 for it and the engine does run.
Jim

Attachments

• Quad 010.jpg
    Quad 010.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 371
I know I'm looking at the engine, but its hard to identify the engine from a top view of the cylinder head alone. As to the frame its attached to, I have no idea what I'm looking at. Better pictures or a more detailed description of the engine would help us to better give you accurate information and advice.

I recognize a bicycle frame with some gears. Someone was making themselves a buggy.

I just tossed in the pics to get this started and today I will get some full on photos of the Quad. Yes it is made from bicycle frames and all the or most are bicycle, must have taken a while to get the gearing right and this was done some time in the late 50,s early 60's. I have no clue on the engine as the shroud has no info. The sprokets have been modified as some of the cogs have been ground off.
Jim

That engine looks like it came off an old self propelled lawn mower, butt then again could be an early air compressor. The axle looks like an early farm disk maybe from a "Popper." (Just Kidding).
179-1744495.jpgDennis_Bros_Lawn_Mower_sn_7399_at_Stoke_Goldington_09_-_IMG_9736.jpgimages.jpg

Definitely worth much more than $25. It would make a great looking motor for a board tracker.

Just took photos of the Buggy, it does have a top that was covered with vynil and dingle balls, I want to think my dad had it in a parade in Forest Lake, MN
I have to find my suction cup RPM meter to see what this engine does. Tires and tubes to be here on Tues just need to find two wide rims to accept the wide tires I ordered (2.125).
Jim

Attachments

• Quad 001.jpg
    Quad 001.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 224
  • Quad 002.jpg
    Quad 002.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 236
  • Quad 003.jpg
    Quad 003.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 249
Back