What Helmets are your Using?

oke, i understand safety but with a full face helmet you are inviting attention on a bicycle and cops to mess with you... that being said, i got hit by a bee in my eye at 25 mph. i almost crahsed and that s**t hurt and was swollen for a week. if i had even sunglasses...

i need to get a hheelmet honeslty last time i did was at a live fire range right before i left the army in 2013 but ive been lookingg i want a dual sport/ adventure helmet like onne of these

Attachments

• gma-g5117686tc24_xl.jpg
    gma-g5117686tc24_xl.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 96
Ok so... That helmet your brain will cook in south Florida. Any helmets not full face that are suitable. We are still in the 90°s. We usually don't cool off til February.

oke, i understand safety but with a full face helmet you are inviting attention on a bicycle and cops to mess with you... that being said, i got hit by a bee in my eye at 25 mph. i almost crahsed and that sh*t hurt and was swollen for a week. if i had even sunglasses...

I would think that with a full face helmet you attract the right kind of attention actually. People driving that see a full face helmet will think you are traveling at a high speed and be more cautious. Also police will be more appreciative that you are trying to be safe. Riding at 30 mph with a bicycle helmet is a field day for a cop.

Palm Beach County Sheriff's and Broward County Sheriff's, local police departments(Boca, Delray, West Palm Beach, Deerfield, Boynton Beach, Coconut Creek, Parkland, Etc), Florida Highway Patrol... Don't seem to care much.
They've all passed me going full throttle knowing I know I'm traveling faster than 33mph... Sometimes I'm pedaling and I know I'm doing close to 40mph..... you know I keep on waiting for them to harass me about something but they never do. The ones I have talked to here are more curious about the cost of operating one, not whether or not I'm driving it legally.
The fine line is anything under 50cc and doesn't travel faster than 35mph. Anything over that requires registration, insurance and a driver's license.
And let's all be honest here I don't live in a small City. Big city cops don't care or areas with large populations, they have real crime to worry about.
I don't wear a helmet, I haven't found one I like. I know I know my girlfriend's on my ass about it all the time LOL. And yes I have had Vehicles run me off the road but that happens more on 2-lane roads than it does on 4-lane roads and that's what we mostly have down here are 4 & 6 Lane roads with of course a bike lane and I havent even been harassed when ive been on the sidewalk.

Vetta Corsa hardshell

s-l300.jpg

Lightweight and it breathes. I've not found a motorcycle helmet that is as light as this one.

I'm looking at the Nutcase Tracer,
nutcase-tracer-main.jpg

comes in HiVis Green and sized so you can wear caps, wool watchcaps, and other head insulation, also small vent openings for when it really rains it doesn't soak your head. I don't go much faster than 22 to 24 mph, so a heavier moto helmet seems like more restriction of view and gross weight.

How much are those? Those are neat

They're not cheap, $85~$95, locally made in Portland, OR and well rated. Considering my old Vetta is similar, and was $39 back in 1992, and hardshells were falling out of favor when Bell and Avenir were making the Microshell covered molded/mesh style EPS foam cored bike helmets, that sold for over $50.

Which are the same helmets now sold for about $20.

i ride with my normal mountain bike helmet. as the cops will 100% think im riding a motorcycle without registration if i wore my dirt bike helmet.
ive had close encounters with cops but they usually dont notice my bike as i just kill the engine when i see them. so far ive not been pulled over and i hope it stays that way.

Attachments

• helmet.jpg
    helmet.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Back