What is a good brand brake pad?

I now have disc brakes. I'm a large person and live in a mountainous region. Some of the roads are narrow, have lots of sharp curves and 50+ foot drop offs on the side of the road. Down hill speeds can exceed 45 mph. Here in Tennessee good brakes is a must. So if that ment spending $40-50 on a set of front and rear pads, I figured my life was worth it.

Using really good pads I never had a problem stopping with rim brakes.

Last edited:
Just tried these in a steep hill not too much bitter don't waste your money send away for them from what I recall Bell seem to work ok.

But, what might be a neat experiment is to make your own brake shoes out of used tennis shoes!

Ya know the ones with the thick soles have like air cushion ones that you can really clamp down on compress it. But, would gorilla glue hold if they rip off you might be in trouble.

Attachments

• 16204239187195015206380609923620.jpg
    16204239187195015206380609923620.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 117
Just tried these in a steep hill not too much bitter don't waste your money send away for them from what I recall Bell seem to work ok.

But, what might be a neat experiment is to make your own brake shoes out of used tennis shoes!

Ya know the ones with the thick soles have like air cushion ones that you can really clamp down on compress it. But, would gorilla glue hold if they rip off you might be in trouble.
You should make a video of you using that rig job.

My brakes are so damn bad I'm thinking of using rat glue gum um up real bad the motor has some power too, it wants to drag me into a path of a car.

Anyone ever tried it, rat glue?

Some guys apply it to brake cable slide it down vending machine coin vault drag up several quarters at a time!

Walmart must of been watching my order thought I was a pro because they just order them to the stores never been before for $3.00 what a f***ing rip because I had to pay for shipping the same price cost me $15.00 for trash headline buying.

Your SOL they don't make them you must improvise do your theory to make them brake.
One way go down to Home Depot go to the hair gel department pick up a can of Gorilla Hair Spray black women swear by it before going to bed spray your rims give it enough time to cure.

I tried use to half to crush the levers into the handles now I just use 1 finger tip, tap the lever and it almost throws me over the handlebars. That's the front the rear is not so responsive but it does improve quite a bit.

Your SOL they don't make them you must improvise do your theory to make them brake.
One way go down to Home Depot go to the hair gel department pick up a can of Gorilla Hair Spray black women swear by it before going to bed spray your rims give it enough time to cure.

I tried use to half to crush the levers into the handles now I just use 1 finger tip, tap the lever and it almost throws me over the handlebars. That's the front the rear is not so responsive but it does improve quite a bit.
🚭😤💫😖

Back