what is a good brand four stroke motor?

GEES, that's another 149 bucks. I've been looking around and it seems just getting another 49cc, exactly what I have, might be my best bet. And I can find them just about anywhere. Supposedly even walmart. (Or ebay, just because google shows something at walmart, doesn't mean it really is there.)

At this point I think I just want to remove the motor, put in a new motor, and not have to keep fiddling with other parts. Tried to find a flying horse motor (and honestly it looks pretty much the same as the huasheng.) And the ONLY seller I can find with those is bikeberry. I had a horrible experience with them and will never go back. Sent gasbike.net a few emails, they can't be bothered to even reply so phoey on them too.
Is your bad engine a straight shaft crank, if you have the centrifugal clutch model now, you can just buy the engine. They are phasing out the hausheng with the 5/8 and or 15mm straight shaft engines. I'm late to the game & dont know which engine you currently have. But your best bet for the centrifugal clutch model is buying thru grubee or bikeberry. The flying horse engine is a true hausheng 142f with the centrifugal clutch with bikeberrys flying horse logo on it.

Ok, here is a picture of my transmission.

Attachments

• Clutch.jpg
    Clutch.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 88
Ok, here is a picture of my transmission.
Ok you got the centrifugal clutch model engine, that's the 1 I hoped you had. You can purchase just a engine thru grubee. Or bikeberry. I know that's a bad word. I bought 1 engine thru bikeberry & 1 thru grubee. My bikeberry huasheng 142f has been a real good engine. What actually happened to yours?

Well Grubee said "We pass." UNBELIEVABLE! Customer with money in hand and they pass? Criticized my second rate transmission.
Nothing like blowing off a customer.

What happened with mine? wish I knew. It just started running rough. Took apart the carb multiple times. Didn't help. Bought a NEW carb, new plug, still ran like crap but ran. Someone here suggested adjusting oh, what's it called, valves? Did, got one season out of it but still, much less power, would not get to full speed. The next year I got it to fire ONCE. And that was that. It will NOT start. Not even trying to start. I give up. Can't find a single mechanic willing to even look.

As for bikeberry, I tried buying this thing that instead of bolting the gear to the spokes on the rear wheel, it attaches directly to the axle. They sent the wrong size, said it was my fault, probably was but their site is confusing, they post ONE picture rather than images of each size. I had to pay big bucks to ship it back. Then, since I had a bike repair shop working on this for me, THEY spoke to the guy at bikeberry directly. We got another one. And again it didn't fit. I tried calling them from his shop but after completely draining my phone sitting on hold, had to give up and call from home. Then went around and around at how I picked the wrong size. I said you were talking directly to the guy doing the work, the two of you couldn't figure out what IS the right size? How about you pay shipping to take it back since this time it was your fault. Nope. So I sent it back with the message last time I buy anything from you ever again.

As for replacing this motor, all my favorite sites for motorized bikes seem to be getting out of the business. Or maybe covid put an end to it. Looks like I'm stuck with some mystery crap off ebay and hope for the best.

Well Grubee said "We pass." UNBELIEVABLE! Customer with money in hand and they pass? Criticized my second rate transmission.

What happened with mine? wish I knew. It just started running rough. Took apart the carb multiple times. Didn't help. Bought a NEW carb, new plug, still ran like crap but ran. Someone here suggested adjusting oh, what's it called, valves? Did, got one season out of it but still, much less power, would not get to full speed. The next year I got it to fire ONCE. And that was that. It will NOT start. Not even trying to start. I give up. Can't find a single mechanic willing to even look.

As for bikeberry, I tried buying this thing that instead of bolting the gear to the spokes on the rear wheel, it attaches directly to the axle. They sent the wrong size, said it was my fault, probably was but their site is confusing, they post ONE picture rather than images of each size. I had to pay big bucks to ship it back. Then, since I had a bike repair shop working on this for me, THEY spoke to the guy at bikeberry directly. We got another one. And again it didn't fit. I tried calling them from his shop but after completely draining my phone sitting on hold, had to give up and call from home. Then went around and around at how I picked the wrong size. I said you were talking directly to the guy doing the work, the two of you couldn't figure out what IS the right size? How about you pay shipping to take it back since this time it was your fault. Nope. So I sent it back with the message last time I buy anything from you ever again.

As for replacing this motor, all my favorite sites for motorized bikes seem to be getting out of the business. Or maybe covid put an end to it. Looks like I'm stuck with some mystery crap off ebay and hope for the best.

If it helps ya feel better, I like your 🖌️paint jobs 🎨 (y)

Sorry for the headache you got! But here is another option, it's been mentioned b4. But here is everything that should get your bike back up & running. Will cost a little more money but way better setup.
Screenshot_20220511-161956_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220511-162035_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220511-162122_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220511-162218_Chrome.jpg

Wow, too bad that post didn't come in sooner. I actually BOUGHT the preditor motor but... quickly found out nothing fits it. Didn't know about the exhaust and transmission. That would have fit it???? Darn. Just got back from returning it.

Earlier I went to (yargh) bikeberry. got on live chat and was very pleased. VERY helpful guy on there, answered a bunch of questions.
I think I will go ahead and order their flying horse.

BUT.... he wasn't sure of a few things, said he'd look and email me, and darn it I lost internet before that was finished.
But maybe you folks know?
1. My exhaust JUST fits and I had to have the extra long pipe bent to fit my bike. It's gotta go in the exact same spot or it's start over with that.
2. The mounting bolts. Again I had to customize a mounting plate and sure don't want to do that again. So are the mounting bolts in the exact same spots as the hushang?

They are back ordered so hoping to get answers on those to before I order it.

Wow, too bad that post didn't come in sooner. I actually BOUGHT the preditor motor but... quickly found out nothing fits it. Didn't know about the exhaust and transmission. That would have fit it???? Darn. Just got back from returning it.

Earlier I went to (yargh) bikeberry. got on live chat and was very pleased. VERY helpful guy on there, answered a bunch of questions.
I think I will go ahead and order their flying horse.

BUT.... he wasn't sure of a few things, said he'd look and email me, and darn it I lost internet before that was finished.
But maybe you folks know?
1. My exhaust JUST fits and I had to have the extra long pipe bent to fit my bike. It's gotta go in the exact same spot or it's start over with that.
2. The mounting bolts. Again I had to customize a mounting plate and sure don't want to do that again. So are the mounting bolts in the exact same spots as the hushang?

They are back ordered so hoping to get answers on those to before I order it.
The 49cc flying horse engine is a true centrifugal clutch hausheng engine, I got 1, I bought thru bikeberry when they were on sale for $149.00 dang should have bought more. Yes all your mounting & exhaust should bolt right up in the same exact place.

OK.... Your sure? (Yea I know, you wouldn't have said all this if you didn't know.)
So... I think I'll just go ahead and order the thing now. Maybe actually get to ride this bike again.
Thanks.

Back