what is a good brand four stroke motor?

Grubee flat out blew me off. Not once did they even TRY to explain I have to buy both motor AND whole new transmission or nothing, they didn't even try. And there is NOTHING WRONG with the clutch and transmission I have. Very first email I sent them they answered with "not recommended." Just blew me off from the get go. So I got gone.
Horrible way to do business. I don't need them.

Grubee flat out blew me off. Not once did they even TRY to explain I have to buy both motor AND whole new transmission or nothing, they didn't even try. And there is NOTHING WRONG with the clutch and transmission I have. Very first email I sent them they answered with "not recommended." Just blew me off from the get go. So I got gone.
Horrible way to do business. I don't need them.
They have it written on the website. It says it when you try to buy just the tranny. I was trying to buy the tranny and some other stuff, and they politely emailed me, we had a small discussion. An I'm cool with that. They have had it written on the website for years now. I have no bad to say about Grubee.

Listen. I LOOKED at their transmission. It's crap. Belt driven, where mine is CHAIN driven. Belts wear out, get dry rot, stretch. Chains last a lot longer.

Second, the very reason I had to buy a transmission for my old motor is because the guy who sold it also had a stupid clamp on type cover. This can and will allow dirt to get inside. NOT a good thing. Go look at his A1 model. "Improved brackets." WHY do you suppose they needed improvement? And a "Peek a boo" over???? Made out of nylon (ie plastic) and fiberglass. Nowhere near as tough as metal. This will NOT keep road dirt, crud, water, grease (being right on the motor, grease getting on everythinig near the motor happens. This won't keep it or anything else out. The one I have is sealed. Made of metal, and costed less than 100.00 and there is NOTHING wrong with it, does not need replacing. So that they require someone to blow 149 bucks on a crap transmission that is not needed just to buy a motor, that is a deal breaker for me. Clearly they don't need to make a sale because they blew me off.

If someone had a car for sale but then said they need to build you a garage or you can't buy their car, would you do it?

Listen. I LOOKED at their transmission. It's crap. Belt driven, where mine is CHAIN driven. Belts wear out, get dry rot, stretch. Chains last a lot longer.

Second, the very reason I had to buy a transmission for my old motor is because the guy who sold it also had a stupid clamp on type cover. This can and will allow dirt to get inside. NOT a good thing. Go look at his A1 model. "Improved brackets." WHY do you suppose they needed improvement? And a "Peek a boo" over???? Made out of nylon (ie plastic) and fiberglass. Nowhere near as tough as metal. This will NOT keep road dirt, crud, water, grease (being right on the motor, grease getting on everythinig near the motor happens. This won't keep it or anything else out. The one I have is sealed. Made of metal, and costed less than 100.00 and there is NOTHING wrong with it, does not need replacing. So that they require someone to blow 149 bucks on a crap transmission that is not needed just to buy a motor, that is a deal breaker for me. Clearly they don't need to make a sale because they blew me off.

If someone had a car for sale but then said they need to build you a garage or you can't buy their car, would you do it?
I prefer a belt drive. Last long, less maintence, quieter and less power loss. It's why all my motorcycles have them too. No stretch in a belt, where as a chain will stretch and keep stretching till they start hopping the cogs. While a belt may cost more, it's worth the cost, way less hassle and longer life.

Belt vs Chain: What You Need to Know

Now that you have some context, let’s dive into the pros and cons of these two systems. Chain drives remain the most common, but belt drives tend to be preferable for a variety of reasons.

• -Easier to Maintain
For starters, belt chains are lighter and easier to maintain than their metal alternatives. If you’ve ever tried to lubricate your metal chain, you know what we’re talking about. The rubber belt won’t rust or corrode over time, so no need to dump oil all over the rear end of your bike. The rubber also won’t get as hot as metal chains for less friction and resistance.

Choosing a belt drive system will help you save money over the years. Belt drive systems also go easier on the inner workings of your motorcycle than chain drive systems for more peace of mind.

• -Less Unsprung Mass
Unsprung mass remains a problem among chain drive motorcycles. Roller chains tend to have more wrap around the rear wheel, which leads to additional mass. Manufacturers have been trying to reduce unsprung mass for years to improve handling, and improved belt drive systems do just that. The belt lays evenly across both wheels for less mass and easier maneuvering.

• -Less Noise Pollution
Belt drives also make much less noise than chain drives. If you’re new to riding, the sound of your vehicle matters more than you think. All that growling and grinding will get to you over time, not to mention your neighbors and loved ones. There’s nothing like riding a quiet motorcycle through the wilderness instead of listening the same hum for hours on end.

Choosing Between Belt and Chain Drives

Now that belt drive systems have improved, they tend to cost a little bit extra, considering the benefits. That’s why chain drive systems tend to be more common. If you can afford to spend a little more upfront, we recommend going with a belt drive system every time.

Regardless of which style you choose, find quality motorcycle riding gear that will help you overcome some of these challenges.

If you go with a chain drive, use Bluetooth motorcycle speakers to drown out the noise of your motorcycle for easy listening on the road. The right motorcycle Bluetooth headset can make all the difference, helping you send and receive calls behind the wheel. Helmet communication is key when riding on a motorcycle. Stay connected every leg of the trip with these accessories.

https://www.cardosystems.com/blog/the-great-debate-belt-vs-chain-drive-motorcycle/

Another added benefit of a belt drive, the belt don't eat the casing. A chain will stretch and start eating the casing. Especially the cheap single chain drive tranny's.

P.S. sorry I tried to help with quality, I won't make that same mistake again. Please buy form some no name vendor who is selling from the qc failed pile. Plenty on amazon and ebay to pick from. Hell just buy from bikeberry, they got all the garbage you could ever want, and loads of it. They will even resale you a failed item that has been returned, just to get rid of it. lol

Everyone here was trying to steer you into a good motor with our experience, not opinions. Buy the motor you want and live with it. Remember you're the one who asked for help, good luck.

Darwin, nothing wrong with a good debate. It's how everyone here learns. Pros and cons etc. I welcome it. Already ordered a motor, so technically this could be closed, with the exception of a follow up I suppose.

Karl, the belt vs chain I already researched a bit when I bought my last transmission. And sure it may be louder, I don't care. If I wanted quiet I'd buy electric. "Easier to maintain." You should not need to "maintain" it at all. A chain transmission for this small motor will surely outlast the motor. Nothing to "maintain" at all. I can't believe a belt wouldn't need replacing at least every few years. Especially if you live in a climate like mine, freezing in winter hot in summer. That does a number on any rubber product.

And you did not address their flimsy "peek a boo" outer case. That alone makes me want nothing to do with it.
So keeping mine, just needed a motor, on order. Done deal (assuming it works.)

PS... last year I bought a dual rock tumbler. Was a little surprised it came with a whole bag of belts. And dang, in just ONE summer I went through almost all of them. About every 4 weeks the belt gave out. And that's just for two little 2 lb barrels of rocks. Not 80 lbs of bike plus ME on top of it.

Darwin, nothing wrong with a good debate. It's how everyone here learns. Pros and cons etc. I welcome it. Already ordered a motor, so technically this could be closed, with the exception of a follow up I suppose.

Karl, the belt vs chain I already researched a bit when I bought my last transmission. And sure it may be louder, I don't care. If I wanted quiet I'd buy electric. "Easier to maintain." You should not need to "maintain" it at all. A chain transmission for this small motor will surely outlast the motor. Nothing to "maintain" at all. I can't believe a belt wouldn't need replacing at least every few years. Especially if you live in a climate like mine, freezing in winter hot in summer. That does a number on any rubber product.

And you did not address their flimsy "peek a boo" outer case. That alone makes me want nothing to do with it.
So keeping mine, just needed a motor, on order. Done deal (assuming it works.)

PS... last year I bought a dual rock tumbler. Was a little surprised it came with a whole bag of belts. And dang, in just ONE summer I went through almost all of them. About every 4 weeks the belt gave out. And that's just for two little 2 lb barrels of rocks. Not 80 lbs of bike plus ME on top of it.
If it has moving parts, you need to maintain it, period. Just a fact of life. Maintaining a belt drive, clean it now and then with a hose. Chain, clean and change the oil. Or they will fail, not they might, they will fail before they should have. You really should learn how to care for your bike rather than make assumptions. Every thing that moves, needs maintence. That's a fact of life.

I've probably been working on engines longer than you have been breathing. I may know a thing or two, but no worries, no more help. You know it all young man.

Like I said, I have nothing but good to say about Grubee, have had top notch service from them since my first order a few years ago, but if you don't agree, then all good, you have the right to disagree with whomever you like, then my second choice for you, first being the 53cc, but if not the 53cc go with the 79cc HF, but know this you gonna get deeper in that pocket, and myself I run the 5G Grubee tranny on my 79cc, which you can't get at the moment, he only had 3 of them left when I bought mine, kicking myself in the rear end for not buying all three, but you can go with a jackshaft setup, but I highly suggest dropping the $165 on the ARC billet flywheel.

Everyone here was trying to steer you into a good motor with our experience, not opinions. Buy the motor you want and live with it. Remember you're the one who asked for help, good luck.
By the way darwin, just wanted to say thanks for guiding me to the little 53cc, I did the 79cc, and the whole time I was thinking about the 53cc lol

Back