what is a good brand four stroke motor?

Karl please don't get snarky here. And yes you most certainly know more about engines than me. Why do you suppose I'm on a forum picking brains. If I knew everything I wouldn't need to right? If I knew more I might be able to figure out why my engine needs replacing rather than just fix it. But I don't. Life is about learning. I knew that getting into this hobby. As for calling me a know it all? Well first off, I AM NOT A "YOUNG MAN"! So you assumed something here too didn't ya?
So ok, I didn't really put my gender in my profile and my logo here cut off my website. But... honestly, especially when it comes to talking about motors or anything mechanical, I found out long ago that women don't get the same respect guys do. So when folks here assume I'm a guy, fine. Probably helps me in the long run.

As for Grubee, folks I TRIED them based on this forum right here. Based on your suggestions. The very first reply I got back from them they put right in the subject "not recommended." Not you need to do XXXXX, or just WHY I need to do XXXXX. Just no. So right off the bat they don't seem to WANT my business. I will never know how good they might be with that attitude. To heck with them. They might have the best parts known to mankind but they flunked with public relations and salesmanship.
Besides, NO ONE has answered the issue I raised about their "peek a boo" transmission cover made of plastic, clamped on, no way to keep dirt out, and way more expensive than the one I have that has NOTHING AT ALL wrong with it? Tell me how my transmission could possibly cause their motors to fail? All the motor has to do is turn. WHAT it turns should make no difference. Pushy sales people with bad attitudes lose any chance of my business and that's it.

Karl please don't get snarky here. And yes you most certainly know more about engines than me. Why do you suppose I'm on a forum picking brains. If I knew everything I wouldn't need to right? If I knew more I might be able to figure out why my engine needs replacing rather than just fix it. But I don't. Life is about learning. I knew that getting into this hobby. As for calling me a know it all? Well first off, I AM NOT A "YOUNG MAN"! So you assumed something here too didn't ya?
So ok, I didn't really put my gender in my profile and my logo here cut off my website. But... honestly, especially when it comes to talking about motors or anything mechanical, I found out long ago that women don't get the same respect guys do. So when folks here assume I'm a guy, fine. Probably helps me in the long run.

As for Grubee, folks I TRIED them based on this forum right here. Based on your suggestions. The very first reply I got back from them they put right in the subject "not recommended." Not you need to do XXXXX, or just WHY I need to do XXXXX. Just no. So right off the bat they don't seem to WANT my business. I will never know how good they might be with that attitude. To heck with them. They might have the best parts known to mankind but they flunked with public relations and salesmanship.
Besides, NO ONE has answered the issue I raised about their "peek a boo" transmission cover made of plastic, clamped on, no way to keep dirt out, and way more expensive than the one I have that has NOTHING AT ALL wrong with it? Tell me how my transmission could possibly cause their motors to fail? All the motor has to do is turn. WHAT it turns should make no difference. Pushy sales people with bad attitudes lose any chance of my business and that's it.
You got snarky, I just said I'm done helping the one who knows it all. An made a factual statement. If it moves, you maintain it, or it fails before it should, not an opinion of mine, just a truth. When I was young, I listened to the grey beards, if I didn't, I didn't get to smell exhaust while handing them tools in the pits. Nothing like burning fuel to brighten a boys evening. An I'm going to be honest, I didn't read this post you replied, but the first line. Didn't care to hear what you had to say after your snappy little, " LOOK" post. :) may your unmaintained bike last forever.

Ps, I still have my second engine from 10 years ago, running strong, never needed work, always maintained it. Bike has been welded to hell and back, but the engine never missed a beat, sept when the stock cdi took a crap so I replaced it with a quality cdi, and it's been going strong since.

Art Maker, no biggie girl. We're all for equality here. Welcome to the forum. Don't let a few sarcastic posts drive you away, mine included. If we throw rocks just throw them back at us. We're here to help, BS and to enjoy the hobby. Enjoy your posts, keep asking away.

I prefer a belt drive. Last long, less maintence, quieter and less power loss. It's why all my motorcycles have them too. No stretch in a belt, where as a chain will stretch and keep stretching till they start hopping the cogs. While a belt may cost more, it's worth the cost, way less hassle and longer life.

Belt vs Chain: What You Need to Know

Now that you have some context, let’s dive into the pros and cons of these two systems. Chain drives remain the most common, but belt drives tend to be preferable for a variety of reasons.

• -Easier to Maintain
For starters, belt chains are lighter and easier to maintain than their metal alternatives. If you’ve ever tried to lubricate your metal chain, you know what we’re talking about. The rubber belt won’t rust or corrode over time, so no need to dump oil all over the rear end of your bike. The rubber also won’t get as hot as metal chains for less friction and resistance.

Choosing a belt drive system will help you save money over the years. Belt drive systems also go easier on the inner workings of your motorcycle than chain drive systems for more peace of mind.

• -Less Unsprung Mass
Unsprung mass remains a problem among chain drive motorcycles. Roller chains tend to have more wrap around the rear wheel, which leads to additional mass. Manufacturers have been trying to reduce unsprung mass for years to improve handling, and improved belt drive systems do just that. The belt lays evenly across both wheels for less mass and easier maneuvering.

• -Less Noise Pollution
Belt drives also make much less noise than chain drives. If you’re new to riding, the sound of your vehicle matters more than you think. All that growling and grinding will get to you over time, not to mention your neighbors and loved ones. There’s nothing like riding a quiet motorcycle through the wilderness instead of listening the same hum for hours on end.

Choosing Between Belt and Chain Drives

Now that belt drive systems have improved, they tend to cost a little bit extra, considering the benefits. That’s why chain drive systems tend to be more common. If you can afford to spend a little more upfront, we recommend going with a belt drive system every time.

Regardless of which style you choose, find quality motorcycle riding gear that will help you overcome some of these challenges.

If you go with a chain drive, use Bluetooth motorcycle speakers to drown out the noise of your motorcycle for easy listening on the road. The right motorcycle Bluetooth headset can make all the difference, helping you send and receive calls behind the wheel. Helmet communication is key when riding on a motorcycle. Stay connected every leg of the trip with these accessories.

https://www.cardosystems.com/blog/the-great-debate-belt-vs-chain-drive-motorcycle/

Another added benefit of a belt drive, the belt don't eat the casing. A chain will stretch and start eating the casing. Especially the cheap single chain drive tranny's.

P.S. sorry I tried to help with quality, I won't make that same mistake again. Please buy form some no name vendor who is selling from the qc failed pile. Plenty on amazon and ebay to pick from. Hell just buy from bikeberry, they got all the garbage you could ever want, and loads of it. They will even resale you a failed item that has been returned, just to get rid of it. lol
Karl thank you for your sage advice. Belts have been used on cars for ages. They endure dirt and grit, hot ,cold weather, and very heavy loads a lot more abuse than a little 4 cycle motor could put belts made like those through. Motorcycles run belts exposed. I was on the fence between bikesberry and grubee. You guys have pushed my A hard over to the belt side of the fence. I am going with the Q-matic tranny ($300) on the 53cc 4 stroke (if I can come up with the cheddar). I heard Q-matic will do 15,000 miles plus. I am not a hard riding throttle jockey so the Q tranny should last me a long time. If you guys know where I can get Q-matic tranny cheaper let me know. Is EZ motor a reputable vendor?

Karl thank you for your sage advice. Belts have been used on cars for ages. They endure dirt and grit, hot ,cold weather, and very heavy loads a lot more abuse than a little 4 cycle motor could put belts made like those through. Motorcycles run belts exposed. I was on the fence between bikesberry and grubee. You guys have pushed my A hard over to the belt side of the fence. I am going with the Q-matic tranny ($300) on the 53cc 4 stroke (if I can come up with the cheddar). I heard Q-matic will do 15,000 miles plus. I am not a hard riding throttle jockey so the Q tranny should last me a long time. If you guys know where I can get Q-matic tranny cheaper let me know. Is EZ motor a reputable vendor?
I don't know about sage, but I've been known to smoke some other stuff... lol

I don't know about sage, but I've been known to smoke some other stuff... lol
I'd like to get my hands on one of those Q trannys but my pockets hold more lint balls than dollars. I am new the the motorized belt game. Can you suggest something cheaper that will hold together a couple of months till I can get together the green for a Q.

I'd like to get my hands on one of those Q trannys but my pockets hold more lint balls than dollars. I am new the the motorized belt game. Can you suggest something cheaper that will hold together a couple of months till I can get together the green for a Q.
If you got a hausheng 142f engine with the centrifugal clutch, get the grubee transmission, it's the best on the market for the money.

If you got a hausheng 142f engine with the centrifugal clutch, get the grubee transmission, it's the best on the market for the money.

I hate to keep bugging you but newbie has one more question for you Karl. Even though you suggested the 49cc I got to lusting after that 53cc ungoverned motor from while I was on that grubee site. By the time I added the install kit the belt drive tranny plus the shipping cost($55) I was looking at over $500. I have no problem paying $138 for the belt tranny. Since I can not afford to give these grubee folks a arm, a leg, and ball can you tell me where I can get a 49cc engine and the install kit for a decent price?

49cc
Screenshot_20220709-081839_Chrome.jpg

Back