What is the best engine

When you get your transmissions figured out & designed, & let me test 1 out for you.
I decided I'm going to use it on a fat tire bike build. Kinda like a trail bike/ bugout bike, think that might be a good way to go & I'll have drawing/layout to relay back to you on the build.
They will be left side drive. So anyone that can fit it, can use it to connect to the sprocket size they decide. The idea is to keep the pedal side untouched, and allow the left side to stay the engine side. So no silly crank freewheels to lock up and slam you or go out and just spin. That was always the scariest part of shifter bikes for me, the crank freewheel locking up while blasting through the trails standing on my pedals. Full freaking force high rpm surge going straight to my legs. lol

I do have an idea for a right side tranny too. that's later on though.

They will be left side drive. So anyone that can fit it, can use it to connect to the sprocket size they decide. The idea is to keep the pedal side untouched, and allow the left side to stay the engine side. So no silly crank freewheels to lock up and slam you or go out and just spin. That was always the scariest part of shifter bikes for me, the crank freewheel locking up while blasting through the trails standing on my pedals. Full freaking force high rpm surge going straight to my legs. lol

I do have an idea for a right side tranny too. that's later on though.
No thats what I'm looking for, left side drive. & I agree if you can build it without a crank freewheel. That will be awesome.

I would like to do that just because it would eliminate almost all drivetrain vibrations.
I have a good feeling it will be a 5/8th output shaft, so any cog or pulley that size will swap out. I want to build it so it's like a survival transmission, easy to find parts for to swap out worn stuff on your journeys, but also just fun to have on a MB.

I have a good feeling it will be a 5/8th output shaft, so any cog or pulley that size will swap out. I want to build it so it's like a survival transmission, easy to find parts for to swap out worn stuff on your journeys, but also just fun to have on a MB.
Yeah going 5/8 shaft will have endless options then, you'll be able to go tractor supply or where ever like that & pick up sprockets or pulleys if wanted belt drive.

Most of the regulars here get incentives for promoting certain websites, motors, etc. :rolleyes:
I would not be fooled with the type of quality casting you can get from a no name off brand engine itself,
with a little porting and other work you can make a lot of them run better than the "officials".
I have several off brand pk-80s, Zeda 80, and a yd100 that has impurities in the casting
that I got from crapcycle-engines.com.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XWZZN63?th=1
This seems like a quality motor for the price with a little work 40+mph :)
The regular members here are the only people you can trust. They are the ones who have tried and tested many of the motor kits. If they share their favorite motor kit or dealer, then it is open to honest discussion. We even have a dealer reviews section where you can vote and leave comments on all of the motorized bicycle dealers: https://motoredbikes.com/forums/dealer-reviews.109/

The people who post on social media are more likely to fool you. People on social media platforms can delete any post in their group or channel. If they have a hidden agenda, then they are free to exercise that hidden agenda by removing any post which they disagree with.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back