What is the farthest you have ridden on a single trip and total bike miles to date?

I am preparing for bigger rides, but my first 275 miles were all rides to tune, tweak and learn to ride.

Even now, if i do any work on the bike which involves mechanical components being replaced or being disassembled to be inspected, i still do a 25 mile trip to make sure that everything is running as it's supposed to run.

I like to know that when the bike goes on a longer journey, it's had a shakedown test to give bullet proof reliability.

My longest trip was about 110 miles round trip. Currently I have 1610 miles on the odometer (very accurate, gps tested). I just got my sbp shift kit... I'll be very busy for the next week.

I would like to increase my range to 25-50, but it's planning a good route, setting the time aside and always having a retrieval team ready to help should I encounter issues I can't fix using the kits I have assembled on my rear bike rack or pedal back. I definitely would like to do it before cold weather arrives on the east coast. Are you converting to a Jack shift from the standard rear gear hub? You can see all of my construction pics in my album on this site!

Jimmy

Back