What is the fuel oil ratio to run E85 in my 2 Stroke motor

Alcohol dissolves stuff better than normal gas.
Yeah that's it's big issue it's not friendly to older 2 cycles with non Viton crank seals and carb parts.

But, I can buy a Viton carburetor kit now for my 1974 Mercedes for $38, where the acceleration pump diaphragm, secondary plate pistons seals and low speed idle adjuster needle seals and other O-rings are all Viton.

Welcome to the magic of the 21st century, where even ancient cars have second lives, but older, small engines and motorbikes are near impossible to find similar carb kits for.

Yeah that's it's big issue it's not friendly to older 2 cycles with non Viton crank seals and carb parts.

But, I can buy a Viton carburetor kit now for my 1974 Mercedes for $38, where the acceleration pump diaphragm, secondary plate pistons seals and low speed idle adjuster needle seals and other O-rings are all Viton.

Welcome to the magic of the 21st century, where even ancient cars have second lives, but older, small engines and motorbikes are near impossible to find similar carb kits for.
Yep. Alcohol dries out and destroys plastic and rubber. Cheap chinese seals are pretty much easy prey for it.

I was just thinking about this. I've been 3d printing like a mad man for days. If we could print gaskets and o rings it would be too sweet

Lewie, do you know if that stuff can be 3D printed?
Do you mean O-rings? I think you can 2d print out on special laser cutters, custom carb gaskets. I don't see the point of 3D prining seals and O-rings. especially if the bits are already available through Carr-McMaster.

The problem with Viton is: how would your 3D printer work with it? Don't they only work with thermoplastics like HDPE PPT and PETE?

It probably wouldn't work with any heat resistant material. So far I've been printing with PLA, ABS, PETG. Monday or Tuesday in going to scoop up some flexible filament from microcenter.

Back