What is the fuel oil ratio to run E85 in my 2 Stroke motor

e85 doesn't mix with 2 stroke oil and provides no advantages without a turbocharger. use avgas if you need the extra octane. the 100 octane rating on avgas is for lean burn, actual rating is close to 130, which is miles better than e85 will ever be. plus avgas has a greater energy density than ethanol so any motor that runs good on ethanol will run nearly twice as good on avgas

e85 doesn't mix with 2 stroke oil and provides no advantages without a turbocharger. use avgas if you need the extra octane. the 100 octane rating on avgas is for lean burn, actual rating is close to 130, which is miles better than e85 will ever be. plus avgas has a greater energy density than ethanol so any motor that runs good on ethanol will run nearly twice as good on avgas
I ran it and it worked lmao. Check It Out it was pretty cool

put on some shoes before you lose one of those feet.

check the fuel in a few days, the oil will most likely have separated out. unless newer oils have additives that let them mix with ethanol it takes about a day for the oil to completely settle out.

put on some shoes before you lose one of those feet.

check the fuel in a few days, the oil will most likely have separated out. unless newer oils have additives that let them mix with ethanol it takes about a day for the oil to completely settle out.
Well it worked for a long time and ran really good

I think most 2 cycle oils are ethanol safe not sure about E85 but they have to be safe for E10 as just about all pumps out there sell E10 blended fuel. Very hard to find straight fuel now a days.

I wonder if he means 85 octane, here in CO we have 85/87 for octane because of the altitude.

I wonder if he means 85 octane, here in CO we have 85/87 for octane because of the altitude.

Maybe, down here on the coast at 50 above sea level we have 87, 89, and 93 octanes. I'm running 10% ethanol 93 Octane with a 32:1 mix of Dominator oil on mine. Need to try upjetting once my air filter comes in its currently getting shipped all over the place to wrong towns.

Maybe, down here on the coast at 50 above sea level we have 87, 89, and 93 octanes. I'm running 10% ethanol 93 Octane with a 32:1 mix of Dominator oil on mine. Need to try upjetting once my air filter comes in its currently getting shipped all over the place to wrong towns.
E85 is 85% ethanol 15% gas, the two stroke hill climbers I have worked on ran 90ish % methanol and the rest nitro methane plus oil, serious stink and HP.

Top fuel guys inject two stroke oil at the top end to lube the blower so they don't have to re seal the strips inside the blower

Back