what is the most comfortable seat

damo99

Local time
4:18 AM
i have tried a few diffrent seats and am having trouble finding one that is comfortable for a long ride .
i have also tried gell seat covers and air covers but they tend to move around to much after being on the bike for a while .
so what seat are you using and is it comfortable on long rides

Different seats for different folks

On my motorbicycle I have a medium narrow mountain bike saddle. I used to have a suspension seat post, but it wound up being more trouble then it was worth. I guess it depends on how much pedaling your planing on doing. Big "fluffy" seats are comfy but they tend to chafe your thighs, while narrow saddles let you feel al of the bumps but are very easy to pedal. the one I have is somewhere in-between and I was lucky I didn't throw it away because its not a high end seat.

mike

Attachments

• Velo Webspring & Kalloy Uno.jpg
    Velo Webspring & Kalloy Uno.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,218
Last edited:
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Look up Cloud 9 (out of Minnesota, I think). I have been riding my 11 inch wide seat for over 1300 miles and will not go back to anything less wide. Cheap seats cannot entice me to waste my money and give up comfort.

But I guess price wasn't a concern with in this thread...

So, I'd have to change my answer to something more like

THIS --> http://bikeseats.org/bench-seat.htm
-or-
THIS --> http://bikeseats.org/moon-seat.htm

I can't find the "original" bench seat that I posted before, but I'm sure it's in my old posts somewhere if you REALLY want to dig.

That site "guarantees comfort" or your money back! So I just might have to try one of those, actually. Or even both!! :D

I second the Hobson Easy Seat II. Was getting numb with several different seats till I tried the Hobson. I'll never go back to a conventional bike seat.

BTW - You can locate the original easy seat for $30 or so. They work fairly well, but they are hard - the Easy seat II or deluxe are well worth the extra money...

Back