What is the most reliable kit? I don't care if its 4 stroke or 2 stroke

They probably need to test it before they can bring it to market, as honda had problems with there castings failing. Plus any Other problems that lie with a brand new engine design.

Id give them a few more months, they should have it out by then.
I didn't hear about honda's castings failing. How has it failed? Is it a specific batch? Could those be the gx50 "clones" for $185 on ebay?
He probably couldn't get a good deal on a bulk shipment of them yet
That makes sense.

I didn't hear about honda's castings failing. How has it failed? Is it a specific batch? Could those be the gx50 "clones" for $185 on ebay?

That makes sense.
Dan, do you have a link to the ebay clone of the gx50? I searched and no luck at all.

They probably need to test it before they can bring it to market, as honda had problems with there castings failing. Plus any Other problems that lie with a brand new engine design.

Id give them a few more months, they should have it out by then.
Mark, where is this info on honda gx50 casings cracking? I'm very interested in that since I'm a new gx50 owner. Any links?

Thats what i was told by the repair guy at a local small engine repair shop. he said they are having problems with cylinder head area prematurely cracking. Not sure if thats true or not. But I do know that honda had similar stuff happen to there bigger engines in the past. (Early gx390 engines were known to develop cracks near the oil sensor, as the casting weren't reinforced there)

I dont think they will issue a recall as (im assuming) its pretty rare.

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
WOW it didn't take the Chinese long to make a copy. I'd bet they're good engines for the price vs. $299 for the honda. I have no regrets after having a 142f/144f and the gxh50. All are good motors but a honda is a step above and you pay for the engineering. Thanks Dan and Just_Doin'_my..............

I personally use a Staton Inc kit with a SI shift kit. The SI shift kit is a double freewheel and allows you to attach 3 chainrings. The 18.75:1 gear box is as tough as they come.

Attachments

• 3398-1327198739-b13e4a5f980204de8c20b6515674f787.jpg
    3398-1327198739-b13e4a5f980204de8c20b6515674f787.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 120
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back