What is the penalty for riding without M1 license in California?

Your allowed to switch frames and keep the same Plate
The cops ain't gonna bust ya with a ticket 🎫 :LOL:
The DMV says you can switch the plate from an old M/B to a new M/B
They also say if your a rental outfit the plate can be put on any moped or M/B your business owns.
Like I said, you can do it, I'm sure nobody will give you any crap about it. But if you switch it to another frame, the VIN # will be different since every frame has it's own serial number, if you're bike is ever recovered by law enforcement after getting stolen they won't be able to match it up with your registration so they can ID it as yours. Meh, we are only talking about $20

Like I said, you can do it, I'm sure nobody will give you any crap about it. But if you switch it to another frame, the VIN # will be different since every frame has it's own serial number, if you're bike is ever recovered by law enforcement after getting stolen they won't be able to match it up with your registration so they can ID it as yours. Meh, we are only talking about $20
If the plate is on the stolen M/B the Cops will probably contact you. A M/B isn't very valuable worth under $1K
I doubt very seriously the cops are gonna be checking the frame serial # when they already have the Plate #
If for some reason the bicycle detectives lol ask ya about the mismatched serial # on the registration, Maybe ya got proof of purchase for the bike. Or a good old fashion honest explanation. (y) God help ya if you need a witness :ROFLMAO:
But someone like you might end up in Jail. it's a damn good thing your squared away with your plates and serial #s LOL jkn

If the plate is on the stolen M/B the Cops will probably contact you. A M/B isn't very valuable worth under $1K
I doubt very seriously the cops are gonna be checking the frame serial # when they already have the Plate #
If for some reason the bicycle detectives lol ask ya about the mismatched serial # on the registration, Maybe ya got proof of purchase for the bike. Or a good old fashion honest explanation. (y) God help ya if you need a witness :ROFLMAO:
But someone like you might end up in Jail. it's a damn good thing your squared away with your plates and serial #s LOL jkn
What thief is going to leave the plate on the bike? Seems unlikely, but it's also kinda unlikely that law enforcement will ever recover a stolen bike anyway.

I guess every bicycle and every M/B ya own could be registered with the state. The cops probably do check the Bike serial # if there's no plate on the M/B.
But it would also be a bad Idea to use a frame that ya didn't know where it came from because it might be stolen. Then when the cops find your M/B with plate on a stole bike you would get in trouble.

I went and did it. I registered my Timberline GT with the Zeda engine. It may be a couple of weeks before Sacramento sends the license plate and papers. I also bought a DOT half helmet. I'll be completely legal on the road in case a CHP decides to stop me. I might even be disappointed if I don't get pulled over :-/

I went and did it. I registered my Timberline GT with the Zeda engine. It may be a couple of weeks before Sacramento sends the license plate and papers. I also bought a DOT half helmet. I'll be completely legal on the road in case a CHP decides to stop me. I might even be disappointed if I don't get pulled over :-/
I hope you are disappointed then, you don't want any patrolman wasting your valuable riding time.

Back