What is the perfict beach cruiser for a 2 stroke motor?

bikeguy217

Local time
3:26 AM
Hey motoredbike members I'm still on a quest for the perfect beach crusier that can fit the usual 5x10 2 strokes motors. Its hard to find the right bike that accomindates these motors. Its tough searching the internet for that one bike for the right price that can fit these motors without no modifications to the mounts. If anyone know any good online stores that sell crusiers that suppport 2 stroke motors without no modifications for under $200. It would be good to find a crusier with v brakes instead of the usual coster brakes, I would feel safer stopping with v brakes doing 35 MPH on a bike than trying to stop with a coster brake.

Welcome,

You should try getting your ideal measurments. Pass them to places like bikekerry and see what they come up with.

Then to get them to play ball let them know your going to buy 50 to 100 or whatever your looking for.

Last edited:
shut UP!

now. ill try to make sense of the situation...

i think you are asking for the impossible. cruisers having issues with bent tubes, rendering the required angles ummmm...obsolete?

neatest, strongest, most reliable and surprisingly, the least "buzzy"...

remove standard studs and rear spacer black. two bits of flat 30x6 at however long it is steel, drill holes in required places, weld to "stubs" of 25x25rhs that are then filed to fit the frame, then also welded. and if you cant weld,(PROPERLY!) pay someone to do so.

the engines held rigidly and DOESNT vibrate. (look at the mounts, think about it for a while and youll realise why...)

yes, yes, i know, its modifying the frame.

unfortunately theres no other way round it. except filing motor mounts maybe....

or just keep searching :D cus as soon as you finish welding you know what youll find... LOL!

Last edited:
:whistle:

nice. someone had to do the deed and custom build one... commercially.

Micargi cruiser

Ron.....Here's my front mount on a Micargi crank forward cruiser - used 2 Simpson strong ties.

Attachments

• Frontmount 002.jpg
    Frontmount 002.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 933
  • Oct5Dy 010.jpg
    Oct5Dy 010.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 5,190
Last edited:
Heres a couple more pics. Its kind of hard to see, but I bent 2 Simpson strong ties to fit from engine to muffler clamp on tube - drilled 2 holes in ties to bolt to engine...was pretty easy actually..............

Attachments

• Frontmount 005.jpg
    Frontmount 005.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 817
  • Frontmount 001.jpg
    Frontmount 001.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 809
Back