What is the size of the intake on the phantom 85 reed

Juicyjayocean

Local time
5:08 PM
I can't find it anywhere online I'm trying to buy an adapter so you can put a different carburetor on it

The intake is on the motor itself is 40mm measured from the center of stud to stud

The exhaust, if you ever need to know, is 60mm from center of stud to stud.

I really can't stress enough to you to NOT do this...The new type of exhaust designed for the Phantom as well as it's carburetor and reed valve setup is perfect just the way it is...There is more power in this stock setup than you have ever ridden before in comparison to other China girls...My bike is around 80 pounds and my lard butt sitting on it is 217 pounds, I can still take off from a dead stop very easily with no pedaling with the stock setup just the way it is no hesitation whatsoever and hit 40 MPH quite easily going up hill at a quarter throttle and Im only just breaking it in, im not even making it breathe hard yet...lol.

I can't find it anywhere online I'm trying to buy an adapter so you can put a different carburetor on
The size of the round hole mounting on the reed valve itself for fitting on a stock carby is the same as if you only had the stock intake tube that comes with all the other China girls, but you would have to change the windowed piston to a non windowed piston if you try to run this without the reed valve as the one that comes in the kit is a windowed piston that works with reed valves only.

I can almost guarantee that if you fiddle around trying to change carby etc, it will never run right and probably cause other problems as well with the Phantom 85.

This will be my last word of advice on this scenario you are persuing...You are very well ill advised to do this.

Back