What is the voltage if the white wire from the mag?

I tried that the 12 volt still robbed the system and the 12 volt apparatus just fell apart on it's own.

But how does a 12 volt and a 6 volt rate one on top of the other? The 12 volt is DC I presume but 6 volt mag is AC I am told.

All vehicles (at least ones made after 1960) actually generate AC; as semiconductor technology progressed, it became more efficient to generate AC and convert it to DC than generate DC. Both the 12v and 6v mag would produce AC, and in either case running a light directly off the stator coil would rob energy from the CDI and cause weaker spark.

Seriously, unless you REALLY REALLY know what you're doing, you're better off just getting some battery operated lights.

Well you need to have a bridge diode to make dc current yes, its ac output . Most voltage regulators for small engines already have one built in though.
Well it's been a while since I study electronics use to have an electronics handbook that was really good book a dummy could read it then design what circuit you needed.

Now the bridge are you talking that 3 diodes laid out in in a triangle?
Would just one diode splice into the wire pointed to the mechanism work?

Inspector if ya want to have accessories that needs power. This Mini Gen Lighting Kit will power lights and keep a battery charged You can also run your GPS Tracker off of it.

I would say, get some kind of wheel dynamo that powers a small lithium battery. Or just get a small lithium ion 12v battery and hook it up to the system. It will not run out for a long time!

Maybe combine those two options.

I would say, get some kind of wheel dynamo that powers a small lithium battery. Or just get a small lithium ion 12v battery and hook it up to the system. It will not run out for a long time!

Maybe combine those two options.
I would use one of these 12v 6 watt dynamos with a regulator hooked up to an ION battery pack. https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Bicycl...981556?hash=item524a6d16f4:g:ZWsAAOSwartgYZnu

That is if I could figure out a wiring and regulator set up.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I would use one of these 12v 6 watt dynamos with a regulator hooked up to an ION battery pack. https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Bicycl...981556?hash=item524a6d16f4:g:ZWsAAOSwartgYZnu

That is if I could figure out a wiring and regulator set up.
Hmm looks a little bit different I was hoping to find one I saw in Arizona had just did a few pedals and a affluence light beam blinded the parking lot wish I would of chase him down found the brand name.

How about yourself have you used it? Any real good?
I got some strap on battery with a really good lamp I think it's called a Sunbird cranks out I think it was 20,000 lumens but I got a damn short break in the line right against the plug real difficult to softer and been looking for a replacement connector but out of 3 million in this town, not 1 electronic supply store NORAD afraid someone is going to make a bomb or a jamming device in the nick of time and injunction North America Air Defenses a few could I suppose but do they have to punish all of us tel then?

But, to make up for this is the only city in the USA where they can not give a bicyclist a citation for not having a headlight or taillight!

I remember speaking with an AF officer when I was a kid told me that because if there is some atomic exchange and if there is an EMF Effect all cars come to halt all power they may need to send a bike messenger from base to and they don't want to risk him being shot by a sniper waiting for a dynamo light of any kind or to have him pulled over by local police to have him answer secret orders who could be in fact enemy agent!
I had a female cop who wanted to give me a ticket told her to double-check with dispatch no law here but everywhere else she did affirmative you can go!

The other way he mentions was horseback to relay a message I do know for sure, Academy AFB has got them. I took a turn off with my gas bike what they call the Santa Fe trail into this beautiful pine forest goddamn near died. Big beautiful pine trees and landscape but yuck methane horses**t so strong one needed a gas mask damn near died of the s**t.

I do recall years ago what look to be staged farms with cattle and horses below NORAD.
Fort Carson not sure and Petersen AFB not sure but probability possible pony express outpost station nearby within jogging distance.

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back