What is the weight limit on a 4 stroke?

BSmith95

Local time
12:55 AM
Hi, I recently put one of the Huasheng 50cc 4 stroke engines on my old Roadmaster bike, and I was wondering... what exactly is the weight limit rating on this kit?

I weigh 185lbs, and I'm thinking about adding a rear seat so I can have a passenger. I've already ordered an upgraded clutch, but I don't want to risk getting another seat if the engine can't handle it.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20240527_162334720_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240527_162334720_HDR.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 23
I'm not saying it cant be done, just that it wont be easy or cheap. You would need a rack that could beat a person's weight, much better brakes, stronger wheels. And You're going to have to pedal, and use a very high gear reduction on the engine side and the human side.

With the price of these kits and the state of the used bike market it would make more sense just to build another bike for your buddy or girlfriend or what ever that wants to ride 2 up.
You mean like an actual motorcycle? Something designed for weight?

I reread the post don't see adults anywhere mentioned.
You didn't have to see adults mentioned...The OPs weight gave it away, unless of course we are talking about "Baby Beluga"...lol.

I weigh 185lbs, and I'm thinking about adding a rear seat so I can have a passenger.
Generally a 185 lbs is getting around the weight of an adult. Most states in the USA require the operator of a motorized bicycle/moped to be at least 16.

Just In case someone has never heard of "Baby Beluga" before...lol.

Back